Well, it's official...

I feel somewhat older today (birthday) and won't be able to just go for a ride due to work interupting my life

Mick, you gotta start doing what I do. I started taking my birthday off. That turned into a couple days, turned into a week, now I take half of November off! My wife and I even call November, Rovember ( a mash up of Robert and November) because I really milk it the whole month. I even had a decal made up that I put on my rear fender!
IMG_4094.JPG

....but what if it rains in Rovember?

....oh yeah, I know never rains in Arizona....:cool:

Last edited:
I had a 1980 xs650 G that was mint and thought I wanted a Harley and sold it.Well after a few years I sold the Fast,Reliable,no tuning required 08 Sporster
1200 and got a 1977 xs650 D and couldn't be happier.Never going back but had to leave to find out!

My 79 street tracker will strictly be a go to coffee ride. For serious travel I love my Road King. Electronic fuel injection. drive by wire and electronic cruise will really spoil a guy.

recently I've had strong thoughts of selling my XS1 but I, at this point, still have an extremely strong emotional attachment to the old thing. The Road King is my long ride bike and it's electric start sure is nice. john

I always loved your bike. I hope the new owner appreciates all the work you put into it.

Funny how all us old guys talk about aches, pains and problems in general but I'll tell you one thing, none of the young guys I work with would ever dream of challenging me. The reason is I would cheat! lol Experience is good for something....

I would cheat too - but they don't really know that. However, when they find out I ride a couple of bikes....it makes them think...

hmmm....old age and guile....will triumph over youth and exuberance - nearly every time.

allbonniespics 110.jpg

Back