Well that didn't last long!

IMHO don't worry/bother about readings on the cores, they pretty much don't matter.

Upon inspection of non oem, there maybe contact with wire onto case outer. There also seems to be exposed copper wire.
20180527_102136.jpg
20180527_102125_HDR.jpg

I guess with aftermarket rotor the winding could end up touching a core...........again game over. It sucks to have TWO defective parts AND riding weather!

So put the oem rotor in and running. Idle arpund 14.2 revs up around 14.6v. Ac volts played around 11 to 12v ac on all 3 leads on rectifier. Switch off getting 13.3volts at positive brush = battery. Not real sure what to make of this guys....I am stumped.

Took out my bike for a 15km ride. 14.2volts at idle 14.6 max running. Played between 14.3 and 14.6 on all sort of throttle responses. Battery is at 13.3volts as same once removed from my charger. All seems normal even with a 3.7ohms oem rotor.

... Not real sure what to make of this guys....I am stumped.

Although the Hioki meter gets good reviews, you may be dealing with a problem with the test leads. I recently got a new meter, found inconsistent measurements. After cleaning the probes with 0000 steel wool, the measurements were great. Try some resistance tests by touching the probes together, and testing some simple things, like bulbs and such. Also, wiggle the leads during your tests. I had one lead set where the wire wasn't properly soldered to a plug...

Twomany for voltage I have confirmed wired in to my bike via a LCD votmeter. I have not checked resistance values with another meter or doing the resistance test. Regardless, the rotor wire touches the outer casing. I will be getting a refund for it and was allowed to keep it as a paperweight as they have instructed lol. Would be nice if I could remove some gray looking silicone and try to repair. Has anyone else have a similar issue with a rotor wire touching an outer or inner section of core?

Back