WFT are you riding, eh?

fredintoon

Fred Hill, S'toon.
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Leo posted this:-
The wiring varied a lot over the years. The colors not so much but they added a few things over the years that make it hard to be real specific. It's nice to know what year, model and any mods done to the bike.
If you look below where I'm writing you will see my signature. See how it describes my 75 with a few major mods done.
You can access your signature in your profile.
Leo

And he's being far more polite than I would have been.
While I'm happy to help where I can it frosts me off to need several posts to find out the problem XS650's year and what modifications it has so I can post a meaningful reply.
So please newbies and old hands too, kindly put your bike's specs into your signature line, eh?
It's easy to do.
Even I managed to cope.

I've thought about 'ambiguity matching' the questions, as in:

Q: "What brake parts do I need?"

A: "The kind that slow you down."

But, that's just being rude...

Isn't there a thousand letter limit in the signature?
Kind a reminds me of that Johnny Cash song; One piece at a time.

Bugs the shit out of me actually, especially when i see a thread where there is no indication what the bike is and the answers are specific to a point but they are guess work as per the model. This goes on for over a page sometimes before the PO actually offers some info that virtually makes the whole thread up to that point useless

Its a generation thing. Social media has taken away the art of introducing ones self.

How many first posters have posted, "my brakes don't work, whats wrong". The expectation to have others do everything for them, is a me first thing.

2 many your brake pad answer maybe somewhat rude but so is the technological age.

At times when my tolerance is low i have been known to answer, "if you can't introduce your self why would you expect me to help you" kinda thing. Doesn't make a difference just gets it off my chest

A me first thing indeed, Skull; and the assumption that others should deliver when the poster demands service isn't limited to the kiddies. But I've had my ass jumped one time too many for pointing out the error of those ways re. fuel system inquiries, so I'm through responding to any fuel system questions whatever--or to any question that's been asked and answered so many times that a simple search will turn up a dozen or so threads. The Peanut Gallery can throw those guys all the misleading, half-assed bullshit they want to throw; I'm out of the cleanup business.

Back