what are the best tires for '81 xs650SH special

XS771

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've been looking at Metzeler lasertec , Pirelli sport demon, and Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 and Bridgestone S11 spitfire in 90/90H,100/90H 19 for front and 130/90H or V 16 for rear . I have tubeless rims .

I have the Bridgestone S11 spitfire and i like the way they ride are much better than the dunlops i had

I'm running the Kenda cruiser tires and am very happy with them performance is as good as the higher priced metzlers dunlops and bridgestones yet they seem to be wearing a lot better.

THey don't look old school at all but the Avon Venom's have wicked grip and longevity (10k mi) but are spendy.

Posted via Mobile

I went the Spitfire route. I'll let you know how they are after the 50+ hour work weeks stop and I get the bike finished. ;)

Avon road rider, aggressive and a modern look, decently priced, and all shapes and sizes. To be honest its more of a cafe choice in my opinion. If I was going Bobber I would go with the marathons.

Finally got the bike running, no complaints about the Spitfires in the maybe 60 miles I put on over the weekend.

On my own '81 I have Kenda Challengers. I had Bridgestone Spitfire S11 on for two changes and figured I'd try these. They've lasted at least as well as the Bridgestones on the highway and I think they do much better in wet, particularly wet off road, mud, flooded areas in grass, and the like. If you compare the treads it sheds water away from the center better. They're about the same price. motorcyclesuperstore.com - free shipping.

I like the RWL Spitfire's looks, and the tires are pretty good too! I've used a couple of sets of Spitfires and like them for a lighter bike. A friend of mine is runnning the Kendas on a Nighthawk and likes them.

Back