What do y'all think?

uh.....no. tank is ugly, paint wont help. whats up with the frame? did they lengthen the down tubes? tires are too fat.
3500 is 3000 more than its worth if it runs. if.

You're ass'll slide right off into the rear wheel and snap you in 2

Its a rat bike with patina.....paint wont help? OBVIOUSLY!! What point are you making??? Stock front half of frame....and it runs amazing....

Let me guess....another person that thinks every XS is a sportster tank with splitter bars

Tank def isn't doing anything for the bike. The rest isn't too bad. It's that style. The price however is a bit on the steep side IMHO

I like the orange rims and duo sports. I get the style and appreciate it. The ergonomics look off to me - I've talked to a few guys who built according to their aesthetic first, and the bike turned out to be hard to ride. This looks like one of those but that's just looking at a picture so I may be off base. Perhaps it handles very well and feels responsive and safe when riding. Just my opinion.

dont let go of your bars and you want get your ass chewed off. Patina may look cool, but its not worth shit. so fuck that + when it comes to price. fatty tires probably handles like shit. says it has a few small things to address....ok if the list is so small then why didnt he list what needs to be done? thing is beat...rats are never worth that much money. dont pay for a frame that needs painted or a kick lever that is rusted and a side cover that looks like shit. even if you like it. thats ok, but dont pay for it. the resale value is not there. and yes the tank looks awful. id say is worth more like 1000-1500 maybe 2000 maybe. you can do better. that's the thing with customs, not for everyone.

What maKes that worth 3500? Gorgeous paint and clean lines can make a chopped scoot moderatley worth more...that has neither of those. It. Looks pieced together. Maybe 1000 if its a good runner....maybe.

Posted via Mobile

Lol...... $1000 in wheels tires, can ride over 100 miles a day reliably....can your bikes that aren't "rat bikes"....2 small reasons.

One off early 60s Honda tank? Worth $300 off the bike? Any BIKE builders and appreciaters instead of people that look at pics of xs650s and think they are all tc bros bikes.

A patina....a look of age that makes it look better, but still with fuctionality....not worth anything? Maybe to some...but to say that patina is worthless is stupid!

"Small issues would include: needing a vintage tailight to go with patina, and possibly redo front gas tank mounting tab"

Well, when that 3500 rolls in the door. Let us know. You asked. So dont get mad. Honestly, if an offer of 2000 comes take it and run. Modding to what you want, doesnt mean its all of the sudden worth almost 4000 dollars brah. You sound like half of the kijiji sellers i deal with.

Posted via Mobile

I asked to hopefully hear input from xs people...not people that come on here to "look" up ideas and order all tcbros parts. Lots of people ask about 130/90/16 tires front and rear and when someone does it, now the bike is worth $1000? I could get $2300 separating tank, wheels, motor and frame.

I expected to get responses from people that had more then internet picture experience. there has been 2-3 comments that have been realistic, but not liking it. And im totally cool with that obviously, but then when idiots say stupid stuff impertinent to the bike to make themselves sound like they have experience it makes me want to stop fucking with people on the internet.

It says $3000 no less and im SURE that's right in line for this bike.

Made You build the bike for yourself, the way it should be. Do not expect others to share your opinion. I bought two bikes
one running and the other dead for $1000. Plenty of others have purchased bikes a lot cheaper. Good luck with your sell. Tony C.

I think they would have been a little nicer if you had made it clear that it was your bike, which I'm assuming. They tend to tear apart craiglist bikes because they don't want some newb to waste their money on a trendy pile of parts and have a bad experience. If you built it then congrats on all the work you did. Not my style but I'm sure someone will give you around $3k for it. BTW, list it for $3500 and then say will not take under $3k, might as well have listed it for $3k.

I think they would have been a little nicer if you had made it clear that it was your bike, which I'm assuming. They tend to tear apart craiglist bikes because they don't want some newb to waste their money on a trendy pile of parts and have a bad experience. If you built it then congrats on all the work you did. Not my style but I'm sure someone will give you around $3k for it. BTW, list it for $3500 and then say will not take under $3k, might as well have listed it for $3k.

Thanks appreciate it! I found even if I list at $3000 firm people will still offer so I tried it this way to keep non serious offers away

So if it is what you want and built why are you selling? If you built it to sell well you need to find that niche buyer with your vision. It happens but it's not common. I guess I will use a Fong brothers bike as an example they are extreme but have a well thought out theme.

View attachment 19519

I just don't "feel" this bike "as a whole" The shiny orange wheels and long simple triangle hardtail don't quite mesh with the patina tank and headlight.

booper.jpg

And as others say a 35 year old dirt common bike that sells for 3500 won't have an unspecified list of "needs"

booper.jpg

Only in pics do the wheels look that shiny. "Needs" would be a vintage tail light to go with theme. Pics are taken with crappy cell phone. Maybe better pics that capture it how its sits would portray it better?

I never said it was exactly what I want and built for myself etc.... I like vintage, I like patina, I like rat rods and that's the feel I was going for. I understand i need a niche buyer, and thats whatvim looking for or ill keep it. I didn't use an off the shelf hardtail....sorry :(

Back