What do y'all think?

Yup marketing goes with the territory, find the right background, use a decent camera. Give em a reason to WANT your ride. A sales video needs to have a slow walk around with smooth panning so they can see the details. up on the lift helps you get good angles as you go around it. A slow panning drive by is a nice touch.

oh its your bike.....well patina is worthless. it adds value to nothing to a smart buyer...good luck with the sell man.

WOW! I love everything about this bike. The Tank/Frame/Bars and Wheel combo is on point! You've built what I had in my mind for some time. I actually bought that same tank hoping one day to build it some day.

c6e33e14792811e2996e22000a1f98fe_7.jpg

Got that Old Soul Young blood and Garage Co - esque feel to it.

xs650-noid-cece_bobber1-600x356.jpg

garage-company-customs_cs650_flat-cracker.jpg

I really don't have much to contribute to this post except for this. At one point this bike looked like this. I built it for myself and rode the shit out of it for a couple of years. This bike ran perfect at the time. The frame / hardtail was specifically built as a lane splitter. This bike was skinny as shit. I'm not even sure how you got them fat wheels on there haha.
I don't have an opinion on its current status, build whatever you want. just wanted to show what it used to look like.

full

WOW! I love everything about this bike. The Tank/Frame/Bars and Wheel combo is on point! You've built what I had in my mind for some time. I actually bought that same tank hoping one day to build it some day.

c6e33e14792811e2996e22000a1f98fe_7.jpg

Got that Old Soul Young blood and Garage Co - esque feel to it.

xs650-noid-cece_bobber1-600x356.jpg

garage-company-customs_cs650_flat-cracker.jpg

yeah those tanks look good, but the whole bike has been built to suit it. where as the other bike looks clunky with zero flow to it.

Alex- bike still runs great, sat apart over 6 months and started 2nd kick! I just wanted to see what some people thought of something thats not a lane splitter or built from a tcbros mag....obviously alot of people like that style more. Im not offended any. Id like to cruise the bike by the shop some time and see what you think...you still over there?

If people look at the youtube video you can see it just looks FUCKING SICK going down the road

You asked the question and got a variety of answers, just like the variety of members on the site.

If the answers don't conform to you opinion of your build then don't take it out on the people who you asked.

Now you are saying your crappy cell phone pics are the problem that is causing the bike not to be seen as you want others to see it.

A seller should do everything possible to show the object for sale in its best light and angles. Maybe that thought should have been upper in you mind, not an after thought.

Don't ask if you don't want opinions.

Lol....here's your chance to feel like you have a chance to set me straight and have a voice? HAHA People are making remarks about paint and lengthening of downtubes on frame etc...which its a rat bike and patina'd so comments about paint are irrelevant and shows stupidity in responses. I make the remark about the driveway because of the geometry of the hardtail makes it look different when the front is facing up the driveway as opposed to down....

I enjoy the criticism when its not idiots flying off on the keyboard with no experience, comprehension of what is done to the bike, understanding of what is being aksed etc.... if you think custom is 1000x tcbro hardtail bikes with sporty tanks but different crispy paint then you are a sad window shopper. Look at the criticisms given. If you think they hold weight, then you sir an idiot as well.

I know this bike needs a niche buyer and that is why my ad was so "to the point" and I felt the person interested wouldn't need better photos as they are interested in a rat bike like it says it is. However I do see from one angle the front end looks longer as the geometry of the hardtail goes against the slope on the driveway.

Raty, jr, gary....all critisims that hold valid point and rebuddled, but all comments that are completely respected and appreciated

FWIW that Fong bike took a lot of criticism here too. Not up to previous work, doesn't flow as well, etc. etc.

I find the forum tends to be rather severe with guys that post up for sale bikes with an implied "isn't this cool?" thread.
That same bike in a build thread with how do I's and I'm thinking this or that posts will get lots of thumbs up. I think it's how the builder (or seller) is perceived as much as anything.
As too this part is worth this, these parts cost that... Doesn't matter, you aren't selling pieces you are selling a whole. IMHO the market for customized XS "bobbers" has softened this year, there are a lot of garage built bobbers in the marketplace now. Unless they REALLY stand out most buyers are looking for a start for their own project, just like you bought this from sangrededeos to build YOUR vision. Any custom bike is more of a journey than a destination. Once it's done many builder types lose interest or find out what it's like to ride and sell to start a different project.

I asked to hopefully hear input from xs people...

Hi MadeInDET,
so don't bag on when you get some?
As an exercise in aesthetics, it's not to my taste but so what?
As a bike to ride? No front brake, no rear suspension, no fenders? No way!
What this old fart sees is a perhaps salvageable power unit, nice tires, pretty wheels (I like orange) and a gas tank that'd doubtless sell easily to a Honda guy that needed it.

Back