What do you do for a living ???

I'm good. I don't think about it. There are too many other service members out there that are much worse than me, so I thank my lucky stars.

pyroman, I remember reading in Leatherneck magazine back in '06, I think, that an Osprey took off by itself, went like 20 ft in the air, and then landed. The pilots and crew said they were testing the engines, but they did not make the aircraft fly. Kinda like the software glitch in '02.

My nephew is in the U.S.A. Navy but I think he just swabs a deck. But he does it while living in Hawaii.

Sweet work I seen in your pic's. My best friend is a mach. and has a lot of equipment. You have a great insight of what you want and how to make it.....Just had to say that your talent shines through what you fab. into a functional piece of one off art...thanks for the pictures in here.....
jimi

BT21-----BITCH!!!!! Tucker Rocky? Thats NOT a job....Thats an adventure.....
Great to hear that your doing a job that you love.....Not many people can have it "there way".
Ride on.....
jimi

Ok...What HAVE I done?
Jack of all trades and master of none (except welding & shooting).
Worked as a shop tech in a heat treating plant at 14 with my brother until I joined the USMC.

Marine Corp: TOW wire guided missels & shooting team. Shooting was the BEST/MOST challenging (fun) "work" I ever had. "If I can see you...YOUR DEAD"

On road heavy equipment repair.....Fix/repair on road bottom/transfer/end dumps and welding anything that broke....TONS of overtime

Motorcycle/ATV test pilot for HRA...MOST FUN job I ever had. Testing preproduction street bikes and ATV's....Back in the mid/late 80's.

Repairman welder for 22 years/ Heavy equipment operator for Cemex Cement (the mining part for cement).

Now...injured worker just looking at life and where I want to go....My wife (a Mary Kay
Rep that want's me to "slut" out my qualities for her business)....DON'T ASK and I won't tell.....LMFAO

As for looking for your perfect job.....its a life long challenge that your mind and body will make the choices you need to survive the challenges of life.....Love life or life won't love you.

Have a great life from jimi brown

jabhawk, Semper Fi!! I was an 0331 machinegunner. I was in a weapons plt with s.m.a.w. gunners. Good times. I always loved watching the t.o.w.'s go down range.

jabhawk, Semper Fi!! I was an 0331 machinegunner. I was in a weapons plt with s.m.a.w. gunners. Good times. I always loved watching the t.o.w.'s go down range.
WOW.....After 35 + years someone KNOWS what a TOW is.....LMFAO.... After bootcamp I was in 1/5 for almost a year and I competed in "Super Squad" just about the whole time at 1/5. I was in weapons platoon.
Great to meet you Bill.....look forward to chatting with you...... :cheers:
jimi

I was in a TOW guard unit. When we got deployed to Iraq in 2004 we never used them so we went heavy weapons. I much preferred the MK19s, M2s, and M240Bs over the TOW systems.

When I was in the Marines I carried the M240G, but still a machinegunner so the M2 and MK19 were always used as well. I worked at APG as a test and experimental weapons armorer for a few years and worked on more MK19's then I care to think about. I mean 100% stripped down and rebuilt. I could do one complete in about 2 hours. I don't mean field strip, I mean every piece, broken down, measured, adjusted, and rebuilt. Go ahead, ask me a question. :thumbsup:

I do as little as possible. In the past I've been a long haul trucker and most recently I was the general manager of a scrap metal company but my doctors forced me to an early retirement so I don't go postal and start pulling the trigger. So mostly I work in the garden, wrench, ride and search for my tackle box.

Haven't been fishing in years but as soon as I find that tackle box I'm gonna get me a RONCO Pocket Fisherman and put it in a saddlebag.

just going to school, wasting my gi bill. will hopefully have something better to say in a few months. going to the board on wednesday (finally/hopefully)...

Working musician since I was 17. I have been working part time for a welding supply company since I decided I didn't like the road anymore. In the process of starting my own mobile supply business.

I'm 36 and a stay-at-home dad. Quit engineering 5 years ago and haven't looked back. My wife brings home the bacon (she's a dentist).

^ Nice.. I gotta find me a woman like that. :D (one that makes good money! not one to clean my teeth, although I guess she could do that too!)

I'm a freelance journalist and photographer. I'm also a full-time student in my senior year at Rutgers University.

Back