What do you do for a living ???

Architectural Sheet Metal Worker... That is, when there is work.

Side business is screen printing... Hopefully I can eventually say "Screen Printer".

well I dont really have a living...Im a full time student working on a double major (<---yea that was a frickin good decision)

But in my free time and breaks from school I have worked in restaurants, worked at a marina, run a chainsaw (nothing like a stihl!), cut grass, clear land, and some construction work from time to time.

im an electrical lineman you know the guys in the bucket trucks that put your power back on when it goes out and maintains the power lines on a daily basis its out side always a change in seanary challenging mentally and physicaly ohhh and very dangerous to if you mess up with 34,000 volts in your hands theres no room for error but i love it

I run a Classic Rock station out in NM, which means all the stuff I partied to back in the 80's is playing in my office everyday. It's a job that REQUIRES you to be insane before you even get hired on. LOL. Before that I was a rep for a wine, beer and liquor distributor for about a decade. I finally got tired of being out all night sponsoring parties at clubs and bars. Nothing like HAVING to party to take the fun completely out of alcohol......

Electrician and HVAC service tech
got my Electrical license but they don't make enough coin so I started doing HVAC service work...

Work for the Department of National Defence. Computer Systems Analyst. Worked in computers for a decade now. Used to be a head cook for several restaurants which also lasted near a decade. Dont burn myself on computers... thought I would stick with it.

mercedes-benz master technician. it's ok but the dealer life can be rough. working flatrate really puts a strain on you. atleast I get to fix highline stuff.

Last edited:
malloym.....................I worked for Mercedes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the 80`s....in Annapolis,MD.....Your right at least it high line stuff, and flat rate sucks. Its not a incentive for quality.

malloym.....................I worked for Mercedes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the 80`s....in Annapolis,MD.....Your right at least it high line stuff, and flat rate sucks. Its not a incentive for quality.

hahaha,,, well still get a few 107's here and there. the old timers really like them. and your right,,, flaterate sucks. we still strive for top quailty and fixing it right the first time.. down here in south florida the average benz we service is 120k.... mostly SL, S, CL...

Retired bean counter ( accountant ). Accounting and tax are quite mechanical although a bit more virtual than physical. There's also a lot of latitude for creativity although we have rules and laws ( other than the laws of physics ) to adhere to. I thought that I started late at aged 27 but after nearly thirty years, I've retired - Freedom 55. My time is all my own now.

If anyone is looking for free advice after having seen so many people succeed and fail in their lives, I saythat first of all, get an education - learn a trade or a profession. Second is not live up to your income because it may not be there tomorrow. Save and invest wisely. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

So now I ride long distances, play with my FJR and XS650, and make stuff in my basement workshop. http://www.ldrider.ca/cnc/cnc-index.htm

wow man! you make some pretty cool shit. do you sell a lot of it or just for fun?

Just for fun. I do make a few parts for friends when they have no alternatives and it's not overly complex taking too much time.

I'm designing a few CNC'd parts for a street tracker project. I love the design part and making things that are unusual. I have some ideas for the ST project where things will not be as they appear. Stay tuned.

Proud to say currently serving in the US ARMY going on 8 years now, and also proud to say that i just started my first build ever my 81 xs650!

Grease Monkey. Hate it, but not because of reasons you may think. I actually love my job, problem is... when I get home from work I dont wanna work on my junk. :doh:

Got a rock crawler that needs a lot of work. But dont even want to look at it. :banghead:

Been working on cars since I was about 12, helping my father fix the family car, junkers to resell, and random sidework he'd bring home. Hated it then, but looking back, love that I had such knowlege and a great teacher at my disposal.

My father was that guy that knew everything, and knew how to do everything, but with one difference... He actually did know and know how. Certified jet engine tech. and licensed general contractor. So i learned how to do a lot.

He always told me to find something I love to do, and get paid for it. Well about a year ago I lost my job of 8 years as a vendor at Home Depot. I was a rep. for 60+ manufacturers working at Depot stores. Great job, good pay, awesome hours.

Got forced to take a job as a grease monkey to keep a roof over my head. Love the work, but after a ton of hours at the shop, the last thing I want to see after work is more tools and parts. :shrug:

I'm another new guy around here n thought I'd chime in.
When I was younger I worked a bunch of crap jobs I didnt care about and partied alot. I miss those days , good times :)
Now I'v been a union carpenter for 10 yrs doing commercial work high rises,condos etc . I love to build things buy hate most of the p.o.s. I'v had to deal with.
Works been dead for quite a wile so I spent the last year helping my brother inlaw get his auto repair shop started. I dont really like playing mechanic but I learned a few new things and it gives me a place to work on things. Like working on bikes. For a wile his place looked like a bike shop. I got my him riding , then he got his first bike with its many many problems. ( I dont think it ever ran right more then 3 days in a row)
I'v gotten into airbrushing and plan to try n do some custom painting as a side business at the shop.
And the past week I hooked on with some friends working night crew doing flooring. The pay sucks but it's paying so :) for now.
I keep myself sane with my hobbies, painting and working on stuff that interests me like my new pile of xs650 hopefully I'll have some kind of progress to take pics of soon.

I've been tattooing for 15 years.. painting, anything art.... And still lovin it!!

tomatotattoo.com Jason, Lisle location... check it out

Last edited:
Back