What have you done to your XS today?

Finally got front brake installed. ...
977AB265-C6D7-4F74-B929-7E25D9BC807E.jpg

47EE318E-1121-441C-8F5E-1CAA58011C09.jpg

That front brake looks great on there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks carbon.
New top speed. 92mph from 86mph , gps confirmed. Still had a bit more in it. Probably 95-100. But 90 is plenty fast for hardtailed chopper. Lol Properly inflated tire, resynced carbs, front mc on bars, and new bar ends helped.
2597EE7A-A965-4BF3-A879-E3F24B2FF04A.png

Thanks carbon.
New top speed. 92mph from 86mph , gps confirmed. Still had a bit more in it. Probably 95-100. But 90 is plenty fast for hardtailed chopper. Lol Properly inflated tire, resynced carbs, front mc on bars, and new bar ends helped.
2597EE7A-A965-4BF3-A879-E3F24B2FF04A.png

Is that an app on your phone? What is it called? Been looking for something like that!

Yes sir. It's called "speedometer" it works awesome. Can reset my counters. But saves overal ode meter reading in "trip" But it drains battery pretty quick. I installed a charger when I go long distance :)
And phone needs to be on the app. Can't close screen. And put it in your pocket. Mines is attached via an old case I zip tied unto bars..

No problem change wifes! Buddy has his Norton in the dining room, wife is good with that, she might understand the hierarchy.... :wink2:

Used to have my XKE bonnet against the living room wall with the wire wheels in the wheel wells.... (I was single, LOL) Can't believe I don't have a picture....

Kinda like this.

fire_extinguisher__table_and_open_e_type_bonnet_by_tvtable-d5zsr1l.jpg

It was a BIG livingroom.
slight on subject addendum Working on a set of 71 carbs

View attachment 40780

Left carb a couple of times in the harbor freight ultrasonic with pinesol.

Yes sir. It's called "speedometer" it works awesome. Can reset my counters. But saves overal ode meter reading in "trip" But it drains battery pretty quick. I installed a charger when I go long distance :)
And phone needs to be on the app. Can't close screen. And put it in your pocket. Mines is attached via an old case I zip tied unto bars..

Nice one!! Downloaded it!!:thumbsup:

I couldn't ride because SoCal finally gets some rain. We needed it so it's ok. Finally got a crg foldable mirror. Pics coming soon.
You will like that app. I never hit my reserve now. Always fill right before I need it.

last weekend, fired up the bike, wouldn't idle. I drained the gas....BRITE FREAKIN YELLOW! I hate ethanol. Drained out 1/2 gallon, thru it on bon fire.
My 67 fairlanes been running rough too. I start it every other weekend to blow the dust off, its running bad too. its been sitting with 7 gallons in it , I think I got that gas about the same time.

good year fairlane. 2 dr? post some photos. my buddy had a 62 which was real nice. I had a 57 four door post and 59 2 door hard top. i miss my old cars. blast to drive except during winter with vacuum wipers haha. ill be snagin another one in a year or so. Love em old fords.

IMG_0624_zpsc284c942.jpg

This is a week after cut/buff last august. On Christmas eve, I noticed the clear was lifting. All the clear must be taken off, then re-cleared.
Ive had this car since 96. Drove away with wife on wedding day in 97.
289, 4bbl, full headers, shift kitted c4. 3.24 locker. Biult in Kansas, sold in seattle. Imthird owner. first owner died in Alaska fishing boat accident, his father took position, he owed a gardener 800$, gave him the car, I bought a month later. Technically, im 4th owner, but The gardener only had it a month. I bout it for 850$. Ran great, paint was original till last summer, all body work done be me and friend, shot in his garage. Lots of little dings. a lot straiter than it was then.
By the way, jake, if you are looking for a 65 falcon, there is on here in spanaway for 2500$. its at a used dealer, been sitting awhile, bet you could talk the guy down to 2000

It's been so cold I built a carb bench in the basement where the wood stove is.

xs1b carbs 006.JPG

Even the under house garages have been too cold to be reasonable to work in.

I finished up an XVS650 carb set first.

xs1b carbs 002.jpg

So now I'm doing a set of 71 carbs.

xs1b carbs.jpg

Much better with the wood stove cooking away. :D

Back