What have you done to your XS today?

:p. Love this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 169
Started it, it ran! After a winter of half assed attempts at tuning it up and it never really running right, it all came together today. Not a single pop, started on first kick with no choke, the sun was out. Sounds great and pulls great from throughout the throttle and RPM range. How about that!?

I am not going to even give the set screws a sideways glance in fear of screwing the thing up.

Took my baby out for a 120+mile ride. 80 miles or so of it on the highway. My speedo needle waves more than I do, so I have no idea how fast or accurate it is. Wife (who was driving the car)said she was doing about 70 when I was beside her. I was showing 60-63 mph. Stock pipes a\but fatter jets in the BS34s. OD 5th gear and 17/32 sprockets. Really made a difference to get the RPMs down. I still had power to pass slow pokes. I'm glad I added that OD 5th. I was turning 4-4.5k RPM about then. 256 cam made great power. It may not be the most accurately timed, but it really comes on at 2.5k and HAULS ASS!! Maybe opening up the airboxes helped too. I need to go up on the pilot jet again(!) to clear that stumble off idle.
I should take this to my thread because I'm getting off topic for this thread, but lets leave it at I LOVE THIS BIKE!

Good stuff^^^. I just engraved an extra fuel cap practicing for when I do my derby cover to put not the right side cover.
Have been doing better on my foot clutch take offs. But running 18/30 is rough.
DB332DE7-8566-41D8-AE9D-8EE0CB0F04C8.jpg

Rode it around for about 40 minutes. The brembo upgrade is the best thing i have done. Set tmy bs34 floats 2/32 lower than reccomended using the clear tube method. Seems to better for some reason, as in not so sensitive to sloshing when on sidestand etc. Running damn excellent. gunning autolite 63. Probably a bit hot for summer. But perfect for spring and fall. See if i can find 62 for summer. Also blocked one breather outlet....suprise! No more oil mist all over

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Finally killed the POs blurple paint job. Sorry, still soda all over the floor after blasting the engine.

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 177
Back