What have you done to your XS today?

I run beads in my Road King and have seen as much as 25% more miles. I really can't tell the difference from balancing (work just as good). I plAn to re-use them for the third time as soon as it quits SNOWING this year. (Expecting 4-6 inches)

I got a new tube and a "my bad" from the mechanic that pinched it yesterday. He even threw in a set of dyna beads for both wheels - so we're all good now! cleaning it up and putting it on tonight. I've heard good things about those dyna beads -- looking forward to seeing how they do!

Yeah man! Get them in there!! I did a quick how-to on the install of the dynabeads if you not sure!!

Cleaned some more polished some more and replaced some seals.

Attachments

• IMG-20140417-00108.jpg
    IMG-20140417-00108.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG-20140417-00098.jpg
    IMG-20140417-00098.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG-20140417-00107.jpg
    IMG-20140417-00107.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 138
i got some dyna beads but im wondering you if you have to match oz per oz to regular weights.
cause i have like 3oz on the back of my other bike will the 2oz the kit comes with be enough ?

Installed a Blk guide headlight I picked up as a backup. And got a copper flaked helmet.
CF23E941-C2CD-4B14-BA5C-A143288EE890.jpg

Few stickers I picked up at hk. Since there will be no more name badges on my bike I still had to rep the origins of my bike
5F111317-9885-42E2-84F1-BA048D31154F.jpg

so close...i want to paint and polish this guy so badly, but the beautiful weather is making me want to wait till next winter. hopefully two more weekends and ill be cruising.

photo_zps2bb57816.jpg

i got some dyna beads but im wondering you if you have to match oz per oz to regular weights.
cause i have like 3oz on the back of my other bike will the 2oz the kit comes with be enough ?

I would e-mail the guys you go it off and see what they think. Or give it a go, if it doesn't work, get some more.

And he is such a nice humble guy. Glad he is doing well. I don't know if it was open for bikes in vendor booths to participate. But between his and tracto moto is would have been a tough choice.

Clean and lubed the chain. Short ride. Gave the SG a quick clean including the wheels.

Dyna Beads front up to a 120 uses 1oz, rears up to a 150 use 2 ounces.
If any bigger add another ounce.
My Yamahas both have 100 up front, 130 on the rear, 1 oz. up front, 2 oz. in back works very well. The Harley same size front with same amount of beads. The rear is a 150, two oz. works great.
In my van tires I put 4 oz. in each tire.
Just follow the guide lines at www.innovativebalancing.com
Almost forgot. Last weekend I put the EX500 carbs on the 75. This weekend I put the BS34 carbs off the 75 on the 81. The 81 ran fine since I got it. I guess this winter was too much for them. They would start with the enrichener but wouldn't idle. I'll have to clean them.
It looks like no one has been in them yet, the plugs are still in place over the idle mix screws.
I took the 81 for a ride, I think it was colder than the thermometer said it was My hands got very cold for a 40 mile ride.
Leo

Fixed the vacuum leak from my "enricher" choke housings being warped and installed new cap screws to boot. Oh and ran the hell out of the bike.

Dyna Beads front up to a 120 uses 1oz, rears up to a 150 use 2 ounces.
If any bigger add another ounce.
My Yamahas both have 100 up front, 130 on the rear, 1 oz. up front, 2 oz. in back works very well. The Harley same size front with same amount of beads. The rear is a 150, two oz. works great.
thanks for this info leo i remember reading it now that you posted it but i wasnt sure if it went ounce per once. ill try the beads on my rear tire too many weights back there

Back