1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your XS today?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by I am Carbon, Nov 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

That is looking pretty sharp! What is the bodywork? It’s reminiscent of Triumph Hurricane. More photos?

Wulfbyte likes this.
  2. jay760

jay760 XS650 Junkie

It's a Tracy tank seat unit made in the 70s, getting quite rare now, used to be on one version of the sprint bike, but now going on one for the road WP_20151128_002.jpg

3. Steve C

Steve C XS650 Member

THANKYOU!
    For the great pics of your coils and modules placement! I got the same system and gonna steal/use your pics as a guide. Nice install!!!

LEGEND_10 likes this.
  4. LEGEND_10

LEGEND_10 XS650 Enthusiast

Awesome! I'm glad it will be useful to you.

Paul Sutton likes this.
  5. peterg

peterg XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Canada
    Thanks Mailman

6. LEGEND_10

LEGEND_10 XS650 Enthusiast

Pulled the clutch basket out due to the clutch not feeling right. Found a little surprise in the bottom end. Thankfully the broken spring didnt get caught in a gear or pulled up into the crank. Gonna start searching the forum for info on the cush spring rebuild kit from Mike'sxs. Thankfully I had a spare clutch basket.:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Paul Sutton and gggGary like this.
  7. ccconrad

ccconrad XS650 Member

Started her up to let her run for a little while today. Left cylinder doesn't seem to be getting nearly as hot as the right. But both plugs are getting good spark....so just slot of headscratching going on here.

Also trying to fan up a mount for the 2 6" lightbars I got as a temporary headlight solution.

Jerry2197 and gggGary like this.
  8. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher

I was down at the home depot. I needed to do a little fencing. I was looking at the instant post holes, you know, throw them down, peel them off and you have a post hole. ( they got the hole removers too) Anyway, I sees a can up on the shelf that says "Dent Remover". Hummm. I gets a can and reads the label. It says it had something called "Nano-hammers". You spray in on the dent and the dent is slowly removed. Says it works on innies and outies. I figure it works like a thermos. Put hot stuff in it and it keeps it hot. Put cold stuff in it and it keeps it cold. How does it know? Beats me but the same science here I guess. So, does it work? You be the judge. Here is a before pix with the big dent, And here is a pix after the Dent Remover. It's not perfect but I'll take it!
    P.S. Jim probably don't need to be messing with this stuff.

tank pix 1.jpg

tank pix 2.jpg

gggGary, Paul Sutton, Mailman and 4 others like this.
  9. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

What's going on here :umm:
    Totally confused. Magic? Trick Photography? Fake News?
    I need a can of this stuff. Can you please better describe this event?
    -RT

gggGary, Mailman, lakeview and 2 others like this.
  10. Machine

Killin me, You got me lol..
    It's still morning over here @ work
    :lmao:
    20190806_082748_IMG_1400.JPG

gggGary, Paul Sutton, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  11. nighthog

nighthog Lifelong member of the Easily Led Club

It's a bit early for an April Fool gag, but if this is genuine then I need some too! I have a broadly similar shaped dent on the bottom right of my tank.

More details, please!

gggGary, thuban and Jim like this.
  12. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher

Ok, I'm sorry. My bad.
    fake news.jpg

13. nighthog

nighthog Lifelong member of the Easily Led Club

Thought it was too good to be true!

Nice one, Thuban, had a few of us going there :D

gggGary, Jim and Machine like this.
  14. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher

Nighthog, A can of that stuff would have been a LOT easier!

gggGary, Mailman, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I had a can of hole removers once. Was takin' one out to remove a hole when I dropped the whole damn can down the hole. Hole disappeared.... with the can.... and I ain't been able to source any since. :(

16. Machine

17. ReycleBill

ReycleBill Part Time Tyrannicide XS650.com Supporter

I'm on my way to Home Depot. I'm going to get a bunch of those instant holes, throw them at politicians, then remove the holes before they climb out.

And I don't care which side the politicians claim to be on.

18. ccconrad

ccconrad XS650 Member

So for you guys not running typical headlights (without a headlight bucket) how do you hide/keep the wiring safe from the elements? (This setup isn’t permanent, have some brackets being made to hold it currently lol)

Attached Files:

gggGary likes this.
  19. Ratranger

Ratranger XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Most of my wiring connectors are under the tank or seat. Number plate hides what has to be upfront.
    20190509_165455.jpg

Marlin72xs, Jerry2197 and jay760 like this.
  20. jay760

jay760 XS650 Junkie

I can't make out the carb set up, what's on there?

gggGary likes this.