What have you done to your XS today?

Today I added steering stops
20200428_183632.jpg
Yesterday I painted my fender struts
20200427_205314.jpg
And the headlight mounts
20200427_204034.jpg
Just a quick coat of PLASTI-DIP to see if I like it before having it power coated.

I ran it through a few heat cycles to seat the rings then took it for a spin and holy crap what a difference! This thing runs so much smoother with the new ignition system and the jetting I've done to carbs makes a difference too. I really like the smaller rear sprocket too. Cruises nicely at 3000rpm at 60.

The system is still half ass wired up so I could at least take it for a spin. The only thing I did was make a dinky little bracket for the coil. Even though this design isn't original, I'm still very proud of this mod.
20200428_193924.jpg

Attachments

• 20200428_192439.jpg
    20200428_192439.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I ran it through a few heat cycles to seat the rings then took it for a spin and holy crap what a difference! This thing runs so much smoother with the new ignition system and the tuning I've done to carbs makes a difference too. I really like the smaller rear sprocket too. Cruises nicely at 3000rpm at 60.

The system is still half ass wired up so I could at least take it for a spin. The only thing I did was make a dinky little bracket for the coil.
View attachment 165514

3 grand @ 60? I'm running 3.5 grand @ 50 stock. I'll be interested to see how she loads up on climbing a highway grade. Your sprockets are what and what?
Thanks. Tiesco.

3 grand @ 60? I'm running 3.5 grand @ 50 stock. I'll be interested to see how she loads up on climbing a highway grade. Your sprockets are what and what?
Thanks. Tiesco.

17/31. I went up some steepish hills to test it and it doesn't seem to struggle really. Maybe it was more like 3250 at 60. But still a pretty comfortable rpm

17/31. I went up some steepish hills to test it and it doesn't seem to struggle really. Maybe it was more like 3250 at 60. But still a pretty comfortable rpm
Sounds good to me. Like I say, I'm running stock. Most of my riding is from 45 to 60 MPH. My problem is the pea shooters. I tend to dog it off the line to keep from making a lot of noise and I kill it. :laugh: Keep up the good work , Buddy. A lot of us are following your efforts. :cheers:

How likely is that to happen?

On the sump filter, If you are really worried about it, just clean out the holes with carb cleaner, when you go back with the bolts, and use a bit of blue lock tight.

Had to edit this. Don't know what I was thinking.

Last edited:
Back