What have you done to your XS today?

That pic of your uncle is truly awesome. I went for a short ride just an hour ago- I’m worried it’s too small. It’s snug everywhere, which is good, but the arm holes cut into my armpits just enough to notice. Not even my armpits per se, but actually where my pec meets my shoulder. I’ve put on serious muscle over the last few years, and my lats and arms have gotten bigger. I don’t think I have any fat to lose in my armpits. I am agonizing once again. The 44 was definitely NOT snug ANYWHERE. I really need a 43, which they don’t make. I don’t know what to do.
You send that one back and get the 44! No Shit. You'll be glad you did!

That pic of your uncle is truly awesome. I went for a short ride just an hour ago- I’m worried it’s too small. It’s snug everywhere, which is good, but the arm holes cut into my armpits just enough to notice. Not even my armpits per se, but actually where my pec meets my shoulder. I’ve put on serious muscle over the last few years, and my lats and arms have gotten bigger. I don’t think I have any fat to lose in my armpits. I am agonizing once again. The 44 was definitely NOT snug ANYWHERE. I really need a 43, which they don’t make. I don’t know what to do.
Does yours have the footballs in the armpits. One model does, and another does not. More room with the footballs. You have the option of sending your measurements and getting a custom fit.

My tale tale light!
I needed a lite to tell me if I was having problems with the primary electrical circuit powering my coils. (Red w/White stripe) It needed to be small, bright and easily removable.
I took a 1 inch, schedule 40 PVC pipe and cut off a 3/8 inch ring. I then cut a section out of the ring allowing it to snap over the 7/8 bars. I used a 5mm red steady LED pre-wired lite, 6 to 12 V and some small multi-strand wire, heat shrink, a couple bullet connectors and a terminal end for the negative battery terminal.
needed parts.jpg
Cleaned up the piece of PVC and used a Dremel tool to make a little "bed" for the LED.
grind dimple.jpg

I cut a 1/2 o.d. X 1/2 inch piece of heat shrink, lay the LED in it's bed and slid the heat shrink up over the led to hold it in place on the PVC ring.
heat srink.jpg
I carefully heated the shrink, attaching the led firmly to the PVC ring. I snapped it over a 7/8 bar to check fit and finish.
fit finish.jpg
I soldered up a pigtail to attach the black neg. wire with bullet connector to neg. battery terminal. Also soldered a bullet connector on the red wire to plug into the disconnected red w/ White wire at the started Sol. This wire is in the circuit of the coils positive power from the Stop and Ignition Switch. (If the bike won't start but the tale tale light is on, it's not because the coils arn't powdered. If the light flashes intermittently, there is a bad connection in the power to the coils. This can be monitored while riding as well as a no start after stop like I had been having. By jiggling wires and watching the lite, the loose connection can be identified and your not stranded. The circuit is protected by the main fuse.
set up.jpg
Place Neg. terminal end under the Neg batt cable. It can be disconnected and the terminal end left in place. ( No pix, sorry) Plug the red wire into the Red w/White at the starter sol.
red connect.jpg
Run the wires under the tank and up to where you want the lite on the bars. Could have painted the PVC black or silver but I didn't.
lite mount.jpg
Turn on the key and it's one bright lite.
lite on.jpg
Now, I suppose I could have cut the PVC in a wedge. After dressing it up, I would have a "Paddle shape" instead of a 3/8 ring. That paddle shape would not be hard to shape like a HAND with the light on the wrist, Grimmith, if you needed a small lite someplace for any reason. Just thinking. The PVC can be dressed down to blend with what ever they are clipped to and painted as you wish. Just saying. The LED's come in 3mm, 5mm like these, and many colors. You can even get them that flash! Cheap as beans. Works for me.

EDIT:
Well, who wouda thunk it! I decided to take a morning ride before the farm work ( cause that last till dark).
I got suited up, turned on the key and all was good, 11.6 V, green neutral lite and red light on the Ignition circuit.
lite on.jpg
I fired up the bike and eat me fer a tater, the red ignition circuit light was out. 13.8 V, 800/900 RPM, cold idle, and no light! What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a going on?
engine running.jpg
Some dumb a*s hooked the red led wire on the back side of the Safety Relay. It was turning the led off when the engine started! :laugh: If I had done like 5Twins said and just disconnected the Safety Relay, I would have seen I was on the wrong side, but noooooo. So I unplugged the Safety Relay connector ( It's Red w/ white is where I want to be), and removed the thing. Am making a pig tail with a spade on one end for the Red w/ white in the connector and a female bullet for the red wire to the LED, then I'll give it another go.
I rode anyway! It was great!

Last edited:
My tale tale light!
I needed a lite to tell me if I was having problems with the primary electrical circuit powering my coils. (Red w/White stripe) It needed to be small, bright and easily removable.
I took a 1 inch, schedule 40 PVC pipe and cut off a 3/8 inch ring. I then cut a section out of the ring allowing it to snap over the 7/8 bars. I used a 5mm red steady LED pre-wired lite, 6 to 12 V and some small multi-strand wire, heat shrink, a couple bullet connectors and a terminal end for the negative battery terminal.
View attachment 165678
Cleaned up the piece of PVC and used a Dremel tool to make a little "bed" for the LED.
View attachment 165680

I cut a 1/2 o.d. X 1/2 inch piece of heat shrink, lay the LED in it's bed and slid the heat shrink up over the led to hold it in place on the PVC ring.
View attachment 165681
I carefully heated the shrink, attaching the led firmly to the PVC ring. I snapped it over a 7/8 bar to check fit and finish.
View attachment 165682
I soldered up a pigtail to attach the black neg. wire with bullet connector to neg. battery terminal. Also soldered a bullet connector on the red wire to plug into the disconnected red w/ White wire at the started Sol. This wire is in the circuit of the coils positive power from the Stop and Ignition Switch. (If the bike won't start but the tale tale light is on, it's not because the coils arn't powdered. If the light flashes intermittently, there is a bad connection in the power to the coils. This can be monitored while riding as well as a no start after stop like I had been having. By jiggling wires and watching the lite, the loose connection can be identified and your not stranded. The circuit is protected by the main fuse.
View attachment 165683
Place Neg. terminal end under the Neg batt cable. It can be disconnected and the terminal end left in place. ( No pix, sorry) Plug the red wire into the Red w/White at the starter sol.
View attachment 165684
Run the wires under the tank and up to where you want the lite on the bars. Could have painted the PVC black or silver but I didn't.
View attachment 165685
Turn on the key and it's one bright lite.
View attachment 165686
Now, I suppose I could have cut the PVC in a wedge. After dressing it up, I would have a "Paddle shape" instead of a 3/8 ring. That paddle shape would not be hard to shape like a HAND with the light on the wrist, Grimmith, if you needed a small lite someplace for any reason. Just thinking. The PVC can be dressed down to blend with what ever they are clipped to and painted as you wish. Just saying. The LED's come in 3mm, 5mm like these, and many colors. You can even get them that flash! Cheap as beans. Works for me.

Pretty slick! Small profile, unobtrusive, creative use of the PVC. Adapt, improvise and overcome!

I can just unplug the connector at the Neg batt terminal and I don't have the light burning. If the bike goes no start, and it hasn't so far since I disconnected the safety relay, I can plug it back in and it will tell me what I need to know.

Does yours have the footballs in the armpits. One model does, and another does not. More room with the footballs. You have the option of sending your measurements and getting a custom fit.
Yeah, I got the 618 specifically for the footballs. It’s just my measurements- my chest measures 42 1/2, and I have thick lats for my frame. A 44 is an inch and a half too roomy for my chest, and makes the sleeves and waist too big as well, whereas the 42 is perfect everywhere BUT the chest. I figured it would be better to be a little tight and fit elsewhere but now I am thinking I made the wrong call.

I wanted to remove the rear wheel, found it near impossible with the “O” ring chain without a coupling link. The chain fouled the chainguard and the adjuster when slipped off the sprocket. Had to cut the riveted link and break the chain. If I was at the side of the road with a flat tyre, I would have spit my dummy out.
I had a spare DIDs chain with a link so I have fitted that, after all it’s not a 200HP engine

I wanted to remove the rear wheel, found it near impossible with the “O” ring chain without a coupling link. The chain fouled the chainguard and the adjuster when slipped off the sprocket. Had to cut the riveted link and break the chain. If I was at the side of the road with a flat tyre, I would have spit my dummy out.
I had a spare DIDs chain with a link so I have fitted that, after all it’s not a 200HP engine

Yeah honestly I’m not sure I’m in love with my X-Ring chain. It’s so big and heavy it really seems like overkill. I doubt I’d buy another one.

I didnt really wanna jump in on this but I'm 6ft, 180lbs, standard/ average body figure and I wear a size 44. Fits me perfectly. Just saying

I don't know what brand it is. All it says is this.

Attachments

• 15882730995357682058889275481966.jpg
    15882730995357682058889275481966.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Man that’s weird. I’m 5’9”, 200 lbs. 42.5 chest and 34-36 waist depending on the brand. I def have some belly fat to lose but my chest and arms and lats don’t seem to have a lot of extra fat to lose. As you can see in my pics I don’t by any means look overweight. I don’t know if I could slim down much below 175. Marty, if you don’t mind, what are your stats and what size schott are you wearing? How do your sleeves hit your armpits?

Marty, if you don’t mind, what are your stats and what size schott are you wearing? How do your sleeves hit your armpits?

I am 6’4” and 205 lbs. My chest measures 42” and my belly thickest part is 39”. My Schott jacket size is 42 long. The sleeves come right up to my armpits.
I was 25 years old when I got the jacket, so I would guess I was thicker at my chest and arms back then.

I think you should call Schott and explain the problem. They’re a class act. They can custom make you a jacket.
83C2EA92-BD9C-44CA-B7BA-A04FE991C759.jpeg 670658C2-4B0C-48AA-8C82-F12F3BBB17C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Back