What have you done to your XS today?

Your truly a Obnoxious ass Skull !
I am just reporting what I found with my bike, you don't have to believe me so f**k off !
oooh wait it's late friday night and we're all supposed to expect you to be a jerk ....and over look your meanness.... why don't you go dig a hole and crawl into it and die and do the world a favor you jerk !
and You would be best to not comment on my posts as you have warned me about commenting on yours, the street runs both ways !
but I guess you don't follow your own rules.... which means you are not much of a person in any case, though I already knew that , thank you for proving it to others !
Bob......

No need for that language Bob...........If you went by your own rules you would have suspended your membership for a few weeks by now.........

making an observation about the vibrations on these bikes ..........if a crank has started to walk then it is going to be way out of balance, making the vibrations worse than supposedly normal..............

you say yours doesn't, no i don't believe you.........nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone.............don't have to get your tits in a tangle over it

Last edited:
IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1912.JPG IMG_1888.JPG
Well played Michaelo!

Today I floated the bow river with my family. 32 c today in September. Wow. And got 90 min to work on the bike. Replaced the back sprocket with a new 32 tooth. Cleaned the wheel up nicely. My clutch is way better now thanks to all the great advice I got recently. Thanks :) 3 key things were: lubing the cable, even though its new, lubing made a big difference. Rerouted a bit. Just leaving out of the little round holder makes a difference and getting it to sit nice under the tank; and using grease on the worm instead of liquid silicone is much better. Thanks !!! Hope to put on the new front sprocket and chain and replace the fuse box tomorrow! Maybe take a rip up and down my alley!! Brake hoses and tires are next, then off for an inspection. May get to ride it this season after all!! Cheers.

Well about the only thing I did to the 1982 today was top off the tire pressures a couple PSI and then go for a quick little 85 mile ride around one of the Finger Lakes here in NY.

Strange thing is never saw the lake we rode around! If anyone knows this area, we rode south down the east side of Cayuga Lake then north up the west side of Skaneateles Lake and never saw Owasco Lake that is between those two!

Bike ran great with the minor problem of the starter taking a few tries to stay engaged while starting. I did put a new "horse shoe" spring in it when I assembled the motor last winter but not 100% sure if it was one of the heavy duty new style or one of the original weak style. When we stopped for gas an quick refreshments it fired off with just a quick touch of the button.

Last edited:
My EX500 carbs arrived today...........NOS.......now i gotta get the right needles ect
s-l1600 0.jpg s-l1600 1.jpg s-l1600 7.jpg

I'm surprised they weren't snapped up by a local..........75GBP...evilbay

I thought so............by the time the exchange rate and fees and postage got me they were just under $200 Aus............still a good deal i think.........some idiots are asking $300 +100 postage from the states and in dirty condition. even the reasonable ones are asking a couple of hundred and another 50-60 postage............That's US$

Got the motivation to check over the Special II. Put in a new battery & some fresh gas and hit the starter; after several spins it actually fired and (sorta) idled with choke. That being successful, I pulled the carbs, replaced a frozen clutch cable, and tightened a free spinning sprocket nut. Found that one of the carb diaphragms is bad (torn at the upper sealing lip), so I'll likely be trying a set from JBM.

After hitting my head on the rototiller bars for the umpteenth time, I swapped a set of euro bars on.

dL4vCpx.jpg

I have been getting some miles in now that the charging system is working as intended and I have enjoyed every one of those miles. The other day me, Chris (Kawi H1) and Tony (CAN-AM 800 4 wheeler) put on over 60 miles. Talk about a mixed fleet! But hey it's Wyoming, what do you expect? Many 7 and 8% grades were overcome and we all ran great. Well 'cept for the H1, he ran out of fuel. Man is that thing thirsty! Put another 30 or so on tonight. I am really having a great time with TX650A. I never thought in a million years I would have a street bike. Dirt only for me. Maybe it comes with age........... LOL

I haven't done a lot recently. The Pacific Northwest is on fire and I can hardly see across the driveway. No country for old men to be wrenching on bikes. :wtf:

But I did manage to replace the very bent headlight ears. The turn signals are almost straight. One has a bit of a dip because the only threaded mounting rod I had was also bent. Much better now.

The fork boots are toast as are the seals. Front bearings could be replaced. I can't get the speedo cable nut loose from the speedo drive unit. I believe there is a corollary to any used bike costs $1000: Whatever you paid for the used bike was too much.

BTW - is there a generic headlight replacement? One that has a Hnnnn designation? I have no high beam.

Thanks!

BTW - is there a generic headlight replacement? One that has a Hnnnn designation? I have no high beam.

I have a used one you can have for the price of shipping. I swapped it out for Mike's H4 kit, the original wasn't quite bright enough for my liking. If you're interested, I'll double check its designation to be sure it's what you want.

IMG_1946.JPG IMG_1945.JPG
I got my brake lines and new MC yesterday from banggood. Installed and bled the front in an hr. now I have a good front brake and the reservoir is level. Checked this morning- no leaks. Will do back brake this week. Only thing I don't like is the MC unit has right hand thread for the mirror... even though it specifically said it was for a Yamaha. Oh well, my mirrors are toast anyways. Also, the new MC unit has a plug for the two wires coming off the brake light switch, but my bike only has quick connects - no plug. Lastly, the unit brake light switch housing looks exactly the sameas mine, but is slightly smaller than my stock switch, so I can't use my old one. Oh well, a bit of wiring to be done I suppose :) I ordered tires and black mirrors today, hoping to be on the road before the end of the month!! Cheers.

Picked up this barn find , 4500 original miles but sat outside for alot of years, aired up the tires, cleaned the carbs, flushed the tank and put a battery in it, runs and shifts great !! but doesnt charge. I'll be offering alot of the peripheral parts that I wont be using if anyone is in need.
002.jpg

80SG Factory TCI ignition........Caution when doing electrical, TCI unit is touchy.....works good but need grounding on the plugs full time when testing...........plenty of info, do a search

Back