What have you done to your XS today?

Think I found out my tuning issues. Hopefully get her on the road.

(been sitting 2+ years)

Attachments

• 20170923_172010.jpg
    20170923_172010.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 200
Muddergirl12: Not a problem at all.... just trying to help ! surely someone would buy them from ya ! but the idea of that filter sticking down so low has turned allot of guys off.... perhaps a 90 degree of the filter, tucked up as high as possible ... would appease them eh ? ....just a thought
Liftedzuki: Hope you did ! get that thing running,..... and put some miles on it !!!
Bob......

Curious..........did you get the plans for the sump plate from the Aussie 650 club site?............no dramas, it's there for all to see and use, just curious
Not sure but the plans i found on google, but i modified them to fit a smaller size filter that isnt as tall making the overall height only 3.3 in.

I've been blowing light fuses lately. I thought the short was in the headlight area and "fixed" it.No, she kept blowing fuses. It blew another fuse during the Distinguished Gentlemans Ride. After the ride I looked at the other end at the taillight. Found 3 bare wires. I'm in the middle of repairs.

Halfmile, your new bike is beautiful! I would love to see a video of that bike running and going down the road!

I did fire and ride the tracker but haven`t rode the other yet. I use a old pair of head pipes with no mufflers and will have to put them on before I test it too. No close tune at all (mag timing, advance, jetting, carb sync and everything else you could think of) but at least it ran. Trying to save the chrome pipes for the upcoming show season. At least the tracker didn`t have any leaks. Well none to really speak of anyway. I did ride the other bike before I did the make over and was not impressed with the front end (steering) at all. Maybe it`s the small wheel size?

IMG_1221.JPG I finally got all my engine castings delivered to finish line coatings in Portland. The forrest fires in the Columbia Gorge had highway traffic seriously affected. They will coat them with a heat disapating, satin black, ceramic coating. Kinda curious as to how this whole thing is going to turn out.

Got rid of my squishy front fork feel by replacing weak fork oil with Rotella 15/40 and turned my spring tensioners to the middle position. Feels niiiiiiiice.

Halfmile: those are some really beautiful bikes you have !
I really like what you've done to the one with the headlight..... I bet it handles good and goes like a bat out'a hell !
they should be easy wins at shows !
well done !
ride that puppy can tell us how it handles ! PLEASE !!!!!!
Bob........

Having owned 3 XS standards in the last few years. The favorite one which I've just been storing uncompleted is this 78e ..Today I've finally started moving away from my small town hideout to Vancouver WA and my Bike is in an actual garage ! With tools, power, and security ! This may sound trivial to some but to my XS650, this is huge ! Now this 78 XS will hopefully soon get deserved attention.. TT100's dunlops are 2yrs old now. Battery over a year, etc I've put only 100 or so miles on this 78.. So many beautiful stock components on this very original bike. I hope to contribute ride pics soon ! -RT
20171002_161213.jpg

KOOL RT !!!!!!!
a place to work on them NO less ! Fantastic !
Vancouver Washington....instead of Portland OR. now eh ? more back roads to explore !
that is one sweet looking bike ! what do you have planned for her ?
Bob.......

Back