What is the average age of this group ?

68 on June 11, got my first bike age 16, '51 Triumph, got my first running bike, a 68 Bonneville a few years later, rode until 2nd year university and was away from it till 2003, daily rider now is a K8 V Strom, several XS's in boxes, will start wrenching once retired this summer.

Shaas

I realize this is an ancient thread. We have similarities, I turned 61 yesterday and also
bought a Bridgestone 90 Sport (from my dad) when I was 16. Had a few dirt bikes, a Ducati 165, a '71 XS650 in '72, a '48 Panhead and today still ride a '77 XS650D which I bought new in '78. I haven't had nearly the number of bikes you've had, but have enjoyed the experiences I've had.

Last edited:
93 ! :wink2: rode my first scoot an Li150 Lambretta at the tender age of 16 (Mods & Rockers) then a 58 Triumph 650 Thunderbird in 1969
Then a break until last year :wink2: Born again biker since I retired

Attachments

• Pop on the XS650.JPG_thumb.jpg
    Pop on the XS650.JPG_thumb.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 159
nah just kiddin guys .:laugh::laugh:

This is me last year at the ripe old age of 63

Attachments

• special on the bridge.jpg
    special on the bridge.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 163
72 in a couple months. Riding since I could get a leg over. Too many bikes to list but if it sounded like a good idea I tried it. Spent the seventies trying to be an observed trials rider but never could be as good as I needed to be. I wouldn't trade the time I've spent on bikes for anything else that I can think of. Still riding, still loving it.

roy

50 this year, and my Dad helped my buy my first enduro at 15. Rode it to school in the 9th grade. I was the shit back then, (or at least I thought I was). Now I know I never was, but still love these old bikes. My current XS is older than my first bike, and I'm having just as much fun today!

Back