What is the average age of this group ?

I gotta do a shout out to My good Pal, Birney Jarvis. Some of You may have seen this, sorry to flog the horse. Birney was the Guy who the movie and TV show THEN CAME BRONSON was made about. Last summer, at his request, I built him a loose replica of the movie bike. He came to My house to pick it up, and We spent a week together in Jackson Hole. He had not ridden since 1969, and just started riding again , at 83 years, on His Bronson replica bike. The second pic is Birney, and His child Bride, Joyce, on the Long Lonesome Hiway, in Grand teton National Park. I hope I can navigate a walker when I am 83! Hang in there, Birney!

Attachments

• Bronson 41st Anniversary Trip 114.jpg
    Bronson 41st Anniversary Trip 114.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Bronson 41st Anniversary Trip 206.jpg
    Bronson 41st Anniversary Trip 206.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 232
I'm 61. I bought a Bridgestone 90 when I was 16 and have had up to 7 bikes at once a few times. I have six now with three running and have owned 40+ over the years though I didn't ride them all.

I gotta do a shout out to My good Pal, Birney Jarvis. Some of You may have seen this, sorry to flog the horse. Birney was the Guy who the movie and TV show THEN CAME BRONSON was made about. Last summer, at his request, I built him a loose replica of the movie bike. He came to My house to pick it up, and We spent a week together in Jackson Hole. He had not ridden since 1969, and just started riding again , at 83 years, on His Bronson replica bike. The second pic is Birney, and His child Bride, Joyce, on the Long Lonesome Hiway, in Grand teton National Park. I hope I can navigate a walker when I am 83! Hang in there, Birney!

That's excellent! :)

John

nj1639.......white shoes and matching belts, oscar foxtrots! You forgot mismatched plaid pants and coat, and knee socks with sandals. Don't worry, dude, my kids have standing orders to either shoot me or commit me if I ever dress like that!

41 - started riding at 16 on a Can-AM 175 dirt bike. First street bike was a 1981 Maxim 550. Took a break due to getting an education, marriage, kids, mortgage. Back into it 4 years ago on a Vulcan 1500 classic. Now chopping an '83 XS650 Special.

35 here...been around bikes my whole life thanks to my grandpa and dad, rode dirt for a few years and waited till 28 to start riding street (thinking I was mature enough I wouldn't kill myself)...first bike was a R6, then had a VFR750, and now hardtailing a '82 xs

you peaked my interest so i looked him up in Wiki..cool story !

and I'm 62.... Almost, next month, just shy of, in ***., last day of this month,

DON'T COUNT...
wasn't the question ect. Good turn out on this poll guys,
43 responses I come up with a average of 46.2 yaren between 19 and 76

raw data best as I can do is, 67, 58, 44 56 35 58 54 60 54 23 25 19 35 21 38 76 55 59 54 56 41 31 60 54 45 64 36 55 60 56 66 55 38 51 61 28 31 19 25 41 35 27 62

I'm only 63 yo, been riding since '66 when I was in the service. Wouldn't let me bring my bobbed BSA on base, had to park it near the AWOL gate, chained to the fence.

21, bought my first Harley 883C at 18. Sold that and bought a brand new 1200 Nightster when I came back from my 2 years in Japan. Just bought my first XS650 the other day. :D

Probably had to park it due to the gate guard nazi's. In order to ride on base when I was in you had to take this clutch killing safety class and test in order to ride on base. You also have to wear a reflective vest, kinda like a road flagger wears, when riding on base and show your safety card, with ID, everytime you go thru the gate. They wouldn"t let a guy go thru when I worked at APG because he didn't have "hand protection" (gloves) on. He was a little late for work that day. Loud exhaust.....forget it.

Back