What would you pay?

Freak

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok just throwing this out there, considering parting my chopper out, I have way too much money in the motor so considering separating the motor from the frame. So what would you pay for a built running motor?

750 big bore
Rephased crank and cam by Hugh
5th gear overdrive
Starter and guts removed kick only
Brand new carbs from 650central
Headwork done by Boretech
Pamco ign.
Would suggest a new stronger clutch, other than that this thing is solid, maybe 25 miles on it.
I was going to post this in the classifieds but just trying to get an idea if it would better to part it out. Thoughts:thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Assembled in the frame so they can see it run is probably your best bet.
The partout dollars seem attractive. But spending a bunch of time donking around selling off a project you are SO over with piece by piece is no fun. I suppose a video of it running and receipts might be enough to let you get good money out of a complete motor.

Hi Freak,
you are never going to get all your money back, let alone any recompense for the hours you've put into building the bike but if you are strapped for cash whatcha gonna do?
I'd say the easiest way would be to sell the complete bike, title and all.
Like Gary sez, parting it out gets real old real quick and usually leaves you with a pile of unsellable parts to clutter up your workspace.

I'd be interested in the motor with ignition minus the carbs.
Did you get them to carbide coat the cylinders?
What is "head work"?

I think you guys are right I need to just be patient and wait for to warm up! This was just a brain fart I've just had a couple people ask about buying the motor alone.

As for headwork I guess that means cleaning it up replacing seals and a little bit of port work and matching the carb boot.

Back