What's bugging you?

Wow! They're like giant termites!
...like perfectionistic termites. A 7/16 drill bit fits snugly in their holes.

Perfectionistic, but stupid: give them a 7/16 hole, and they'll crawl into it.
There's a raunchy joke somewhere here.....maybe someone else will come up with it.......

Our Muddobbers Sting ...Very well INDEED ! and they will put a nest anywhere that's inconvenient for man !
our Paper wasps are the same way. and some flying wasp of a different manor really loves open engine parts oil lines, carburetors
manifolds and small hoses are always plugged up by them ! these guys will crawl into a 1/4" fuel line 2 feet down and build a nest for a single egg , paralyze a bug and incase it with the egg.... so the new young emerge with a full stomach ! but they always leave a blockage !
that takes a stiff wire with a sharp point to bust through ! almost like concrete !
......they truly are a PITA !!!!
Bob..........
Yes, indeed, WASPs do bite ! This university friend of mine bit me real good. At least she claimed to be Protestant....

n-wearing-white-blouse-and-vinous-skir-Stock-Photo.jpg

bite_mark_by_puzzels.jpg

I get the joke but, Dang ! WTH? Seriously, that's not really your arm right?

Last edited:
Um, perhaps your amorous intentions were not appreciated ?
I think I'ed leave that one alone or she might pull you through that 7/16" hole !
LOL
Bob.....

I get the joke but, Dang ! WTH? Seriously, that's not really your arm right?
justa joke.
However, a redhead did once backhand me across the face, leaving 4 bleeding fingernail gouges.
Difficult to explain at work the next day.
I bring out the best in women.

Sigh ! Hormones make men do the strangest things ,... most not good for the health either !
I just wann'a know How you took that close up Photo of that bee ! Sure looks human ! I guess that's why their so darn smart !
maybe we should try to communicate with them ? ,.... no that's a bad idea if they found out how stupid we are they would just take over and we'ed be drilling the 7/16" holes for them !
Bob............

Scorpions ! What a creepy nightmare. I hope to find a solution.

We have four kinds of bees which swarm around the house and shed. The worst are the carpenter bees that bore perfect 7/16 holes in your exposed wood.
View attachment 103128

and then they nest:
View attachment 103129

so I had to paint every inch of exposed wood (my house is 100% wood), which doesnt always work, so I built these traps which work fairly well. They are attracted to the hole and fall in:

3VlZ1fsEvCchL-HVK3h4MGoDF5Sq_wl5RG9pv7IOQcCePKvSTA.jpg

I enjoy watching them collect in the bottle and fight with each other to the death :devilish:
305347.jpg

I go after those with a badminton racket and the traps. I still get dozens of new holes every season. Then the woodpeckers come for the larvae. They'll destroy my siding for a juicy worm. I should have bought a metal house. My Mrs wanted this one.

Epic Dude. Well at the very least you got her attention. When you walk away with scratch marks, you know you've done well....
When my redheaded girlfriend got angry, she reminded me of Barbara Stanwyck on The Big Valley.
Perhaps a few of you will remember what would happen when Ma Barkley got pissed:
(about 1:35 into the video gives some idea)

Last edited:
Sigh ! Hormones make men do the strangest things ,... most not good for the health either !
I just wann'a know How you took that close up Photo of that bee ! Sure looks human ! I guess that's why their so darn smart !
maybe we should try to communicate with them ? ,.... no that's a bad idea if they found out how stupid we are they would just take over and we'ed be drilling the 7/16" holes for them !
Bob............
Found that one on the web.....

About a month after my Shed/workshop/sanctuary was built it was Bee swarming season. Sure enough the swarmed in the foundation and I called the pest control company and after 2 tries they were killed or moved on.

We raised Honey bees when I was in Highschool, some of the best Honey I ever tasted came from them guys !...er gals !
it was Menzinta Honey, strong and Dark with a Warm bite going down , almost like a shot of whisky but super sweet !
that on Home made bread was Quite memorable !
Honey bees have many enemies including man but they are very tenacious ! Most bee species are quite similar in organization and control structure, but Hornets are a different animal altogether ! like something made them as a copy of the Honey bee but decided to turn them into an evil Killer ! 5 hornet stings can put you Out ! 10 will kill you, stop your hart .... and I stepped into a hornet's nest in the woods the size of a basket ball, I heard this Roar/buzzing starting up behind me and glanced over my shoulder to see a black cloud coming out of the ground, i didn't wait I ran like hell... and about 1/4 mile later they finally gave up but they were hot on my tail for a while !.... that nest was about 50 feet from my log cabin I had built.... a few weeks later I dug out their nest as they had all left... and it was Huge !!!!
those guys will vaccinate you right through your leather jacket at 70mph if you hit one going in the same direction you are....
not pleasant at all !
Bob......

Back