Wheel truing questions...

Good idea. I don't have a lift, or a work bench at the moment. I've been meaning to build a heavy duty work bench. Maybe it's time. Then I could mount it to the floor and have a spot like what you guys built for the lift at the front corner.

As you're probably aware, the motorcycle changer attachment is made to fit on top of the HF car tire changer, and that changer is supposed to be bolted down to the floor somewhere. Neither me nor my buddy have the extra garage free space to devote to permanently mounting a tire changer, so we needed a somewhat portable solution. For him, it was using his table lift. For me, I built a small table to hold the changer. When not used for that, I fill in the center cut-out and use it as a little work table. I use it pretty much constantly for this second purpose.

Ymqia0A.jpg

There is a short pipe in the center, short enough that I can fill the center with wood when not using the changer ....

MOye2xw.jpg

To use the changer, I have a second larger, longer pipe that slips over and is pinned to the short pipe. Then the changer sets and locks onto that .....

IlnPXiC.jpg

sr4a3Z9.jpg

As I mentioned, the set-up is portable. To keep it from moving around while in use, I welded strips of bent steel plate between all the legs and I just stand on them while using it .....

otvplEZ.jpg

Back