Who here has a "different " pet?

I have sort of a virtual pet. I made a Twitter bot that finds other peoples tweets about their cats and dogs and then turns them into tweets about "Bernie", and tweets the continuing saga of Bernie every two hours. So I can see what my pet dog (or cat) is up to. It's pretty funny sometimes.
https://twitter.com/myFriendBernie
Hi xjwmx,
so "alternate pets" is a subset of "alternate facts"? How trendy is that?

Fred, just be careful petting those cute little polar bears!

Hi Ken,
yeah, if polar bears had a spoken language their word for "man" would be "meat that can't run very fast."
My current "difference" with a pet is with our younger cat.
She recently took up destroying the paper towel roll that lives on my computer desk.
After the second roll's destruction I started keeping the roll in a small stainless waste bin.
The claw attacks then switched to the bathroom toilet roll.
It's amazing how much floorspace a shredded toilet roll takes up.
My wife Googled a solution:- cut the bottom out of a hinged-lid plastic box and glue it onto the wall around the toilet roll.
Seemed to me there should be an easier way, one that didn't involve sitting on the can while trying to opening a box to access the T-P.
So I moved the T-P holder up about a foot so it's level with the towel rail.
Now a person can reach it while sitting but it's too far off the floor for the cat's claws to get at.
It's been three days now and no new destruction. I wonder what'll get clawed next?

<< My wife Googled a solution:- cut the bottom out of a hinged-lid plastic box and glue it onto the wall around the toilet roll. >>

My dear western buddy Fred:

I have an alternate suggestion that also involves a hinged-lid plastic box - but my concept involves gluing the lid onto the box after inserting the danged cat......

.....but perhaps that is socially unacceptable in 'Toon-town. :oops:

Sorry - I just cleaned a small, but inopportunely placed, load of cat sh!t off the laundry room floor for the 8th or 9th time this week :wtf: and am not feeling too kindly disposed toward these furry-headed little b@stards. :cussing:

For Fred:

CatTreadmill.jpg

Hi 2Many,
thanks for posting the cat treadmill drawing.
And Pete,
while I'm with Terry Pratchett's "It's only because cats look so cute that people don't realize what cruel spiteful self-centred bastards they really are."
both my wife and I are too softhearted to get rid of our two. Now that our "treadmill" is above the cat's reach she's taken to clawing the bath towel down from it's rail onto the floor.
Cats are really fussy about where they shit.
Try using the bitter apple spray that pet stores sell to make the laundry room floor less attractive and cleaning out the kitty-litter box at more frequent intervals.
Although nine incidents in one week makes me think that your cat ain't well. If the product is all splattery instead of like a small log take kitty to the vet.
Years ago my sister phoned me asking what to about her Jack Russell terrier breaking it's house-training.
I told her "I'm sending you a pill to fix that" and mailed her a card saying "apply to left ear" that had a .22 round taped to it.

The cat box is cleaned DAILY and the sh!t is nice solid(ish) dry poops.
She's doing it because she knows it bugs me.
I'm going to get a rubber-band gun worked up and then we'll see who's who around here.

The cat box is cleaned DAILY and the sh!t is nice solid(ish) dry poops.
She's doing it because she knows it bugs me.
I'm going to get a rubber-band gun worked up and then we'll see who's who around here.

Hi Pete,
"sh!t"? Really?
"There was a girl who was so pure.
She would not say the word "manure"
Until she took up gardening and then
Learned to say SHIT like the rest of them."
Rubber band guns ain't particularly accurate and who's gonna pick 'em up, eh? For sure it won't be the cat.
A Super Soaker from the toy store is way more accurate, the splashes self dry and while your cat may suppose
that you are firing rubber bands at it to keep it amused, cats really hate getting wet.

hmmmmm - good idea on the Super Soaker. Perhaps a little water-vinegar spritzer....

As for the spelling - I worked in the oil fields in Africa and so I know all the words in French, English and German - but I have learned that sh!t, @ss and f@ck do not get caught in spam filters as often as the more colloquial versions. ;)

hmmmmm - good idea on the Super Soaker. Perhaps a little water-vinegar spritzer....

As for the spelling - I worked in the oil fields in Africa and so I know all the words in French, English and German - but I have learned that sh!t, @ss and f@ck do not get caught in spam filters as often as the more colloquial versions. ;)

Hi Pete,
phuque me yes! But easy on the vinegar, cat's eyes are real sensitive.
But it seems there's no bad word auto-censor on this site and I've seen several very oil field-appropriate English words spelled out correctly here.
Although we DO have an auto-spelling corrector. Alas that it keeps turning rephase into rephrase so you gotta watch the bastard.
Other m/c sites do have an auto-censor but it only speaks American. Thus I can use the word "arsehole" with impunity if it's needful.

had a girlfriend with a mini pig... couldn't stand it. I love animals, all of them. but the pig was absurdly smart. hid my keys, phone, etc. Retaliated when it was punished by shitting between cushions. waited to 230am to scream incessantly until it got attention. 6 months of hell when she moved in
Mmmmmmm..........bacon.

Revive a thread and get it back on track...........

This walked through my yard today, saw it in the neighbors back yard and it had to came back through mine as their was a fence on the other side of the neighbors and a Dog and kids.........

Cassowary, 2 or 3 year old and very healthy...........has no fear of humans and i was only 6' from it at one stage.
@ text Enhance B-6 C5 IMG_0148 Crop.jpg @ Text Enhance B-6 c5 IMG_0150.jpg @ Text Enhance B-24 C21 IMG_0158.jpg

Last edited:
This little critter was sunning itself in my back yard on a worn tarp yesterday morning...............Any ideas on what this belongs to.........That claw would be at least 60-70mm or so across.
View attachment 141773

Monitor Lizard? You have some very interesting wildlife near you! :geek:

Back