Winter Project Finished

chief01

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to all those whose post I read and read to help me get this project done. Its been a great experience since this is my first bike build. I have only rebuilt cars for the past 40+ years. Now if I can on remember how to ride :doh:

Attachments

• DSC01205.jpg
    DSC01205.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC01208.jpg
    DSC01208.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC01212.jpg
    DSC01212.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC01207.jpg
    DSC01207.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Hey that's sweet, a very 40's look to it and the Heritage wheels seem to go with that perfectly! If that's a first effort I would like to see what you can do when you get good at this!!!!!

first of all I can't express how much I am jealous of your quantity of garages. Great bike and excellent choice of color scheme.

Thanks guys. I really enjoyed the build. I was aiming at the 40's look and I think the colors really brought it together. The hard tail is a 2" stretch and 1" drop. Will be using the original front fender for inspection, then off it comes.

Nice looking scoot. I spy a Delaware plate too.
Located just south of Dover

Normally, hard tails are not my thing but that is PRETTY! I think the color scheme really brings it all together.

Nice work!

Very nice build and the built in foot warmers will help you ride out the remainder of the winter in comfort.

Did you consider a front fender? Seems it might balance the front end nicely if it were color matched.

I looked at this again. Even prettier this time around. This bike is a lot like the movie you watched and thought it was excellent, but then you realized how much detail you missed the first time around.

I have always loved ivories, creams, butter/biscuit yellows, etc. The color just creams vintage. I keep waiting for the camera to pan out and reveal the sibling 34 Ford pro-street coupe in identical trim.

TC

bbillington - I was considering a front fender for just the same reason you stated. I might just give it a shot. And thanks to everyone's comments.

Back