Wiring diagram for rephase + RD/RZ PM Alt + Pamco ignition

xsPete

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is my 1st question on the site,
I've had a look at the forum on wiring diagrams from previous and there are so many I don't know where to start.

When I look at wiring diagrams my brain starts to hurt, my eyes go foggy and I get dizzy.

I'm starting with the wiring from scratch (bare frame) with a 277 rephase + Pamco Ingnition with the 2 green coils + RD/RZ PM alternator (Hughes kit for mounting and Rec/Reg) + kick only + small battery + turn signals both ends as well as head and tail light + speedo, maybe nuetral light.
I can't see anything that ticks all the boxes, is there anyone that can sketch this out for someone with electrical dyslexia.

I altered the non rephased one to work rephased, someone correct me if I made a mistake, maybe someone else can add in the signals and extra stuff that makes my mind melt.
the kill switch and all the 10 amp fuses are optional, but a good idea. A 7.5A fuse in front of the pamco and the 20 amp main fuse is absolutely required.
edit: pete recommends a 7.5A to protect tha Pamco unit.
wiringpamcorephase2.jpg

Last edited:
Pamco with banshee pma and a 277 degree rephase wiring diagram +neutral light and speedo light. the kill switch and all the 10 amp fuses are optional, but a good idea. the 7.5A in front of the pamco and the 20 amp main fuse is absolutely required.

I think I got the speedo light and neutral light correct.
wiringpamcorephase2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for that jamesgs4. I can actually follow most of it, I'll print and have good study of it. I take it the switch behinfd the headlight is for highbeam, is that correct.
Now I need to get turn signals sorted and I might be game to try it myself.
I tried for a quote from someone in Melbourne that does cafe bikes and he was $110/hr for the 1st 8 hrs and $90/hr after that and wouldn't give an app time for it. No way!

Anyone out there able to help with the turn signals to finish it off.

Hey, thanks for that jamesgs4. I can actually follow most of it, I'll print and have good study of it. I take it the switch behinfd the headlight is for highbeam, is that correct.
Now I need to get turn signals sorted and I might be game to try it myself.
I tried for a quote from someone in Melbourne that does cafe bikes and he was $110/hr for the 1st 8 hrs and $90/hr after that and wouldn't give an app time for it. No way!

Anyone out there able to help with the turn signals to finish it off.

yes that switch behind the headlight is the hi-lo selector. you could also order a turn signal kit from this page, about halfway down you will see the universal kit. that should come with adequate instructions and wiring diagrams. Wiring is something that I used to despise, but after doing it a few times, I realised that it was pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I made a quick edit to the diagrams, so reprint them to reflect the changes.

The important fuses are the 20A from the reg to the battery, and the 7.5 to the pamco. Every other fuse is just for convienience.

thanks for all this, i still need something for the electrically challenged to sort turnsignals horn etc if there is anyone that can follow up

Pamco with banshee pma and a 277 degree rephase wiring diagram +neutral light and speedo light. the kill switch and all the 10 amp fuses are optional, but a good idea. the 7.5A in front of the pamco and the 20 amp main fuse is absolutely required.

I think I got the speedo light and neutral light correct.
wiringpamcorephase2.jpg

Hi all,
Back again to double check, I'm finally ready to wire my bike.

This is the drawing modified by Jamesgs4 which I think I can follow, I've been studying it for long enough.
Can any give me a heads up with indicators/turn signals on this setup.

Tks Pete

Ok, on the horn run power from the brown wire after the switch to the horn, from the horn to the horn button on a pink wire. If stock button the button grounds to make the horn toot. A fuse is optional.
The turn signals, run power from the brown wire after the switch, fuse optional, to the flasher, from the flasher on a brown/white wire to the left/right switch, out of the switch on the Dark Green to the right side signals. Out on the Chocolate to the left signals. If you want indicater lights, just run a wire from the Chocolate and Dark green wires to bulbs then to ground.
Making the wire colors match the stock colors will help make trouble shooting easier.
On the headlight if you want an indicater for high beam run a wire from the yellow wire to the headlight to a bulb then to ground.
Leo

Ok, on the horn run power from the brown wire after the switch to the horn, from the horn to the horn button on a pink wire. If stock button the button grounds to make the horn toot. A fuse is optional.
The turn signals, run power from the brown wire after the switch, fuse optional, to the flasher, from the flasher on a brown/white wire to the left/right switch, out of the switch on the Dark Green to the right side signals. Out on the Chocolate to the left signals. If you want indicater lights, just run a wire from the Chocolate and Dark green wires to bulbs then to ground.
Making the wire colors match the stock colors will help make trouble shooting easier.
On the headlight if you want an indicater for high beam run a wire from the yellow wire to the headlight to a bulb then to ground.
Leo

Thanks for that XSLeo, the loom no longer exists, this is from scratch with no stock parts for headlight, switches etc. But the info on before or after the switch is a big help.

The only thing I've ever wired before was a cigarette lighter into a car back in the 70's, put it in without a fuse and melted every wire behind the dash together, never touched anything since. I now this fear of burning the bike to the ground.

One more question. for now,

The Pamco rephase unit has 2 sets of wires from it, one set per cylinder. The coils are connected to the sparkplugs per cylinder.
How do I know which set of wire on the pamco unit to send to which coil/ plug.

I'm thinking I need to get this right.

Tks Pete

The main fuse should be between the power source and everything else. So, yes the main fuse should protect the ignition switch.
Leo

Back