Would you pay this?!

That is a heck of a deal for $3,750. I might have missed it but he didn't seem to post up a dyno graph, though.

I'd love to see the buyer take that bike over 150mph and get it on video. :)

For that money Id buy 3 bikes.
That top speed quote is a pipe dream,no 840's going to hit 150, none of mine would do more than 110mph!
(and they looked nicer!) :D

It's all relative guys. The bike is in europe and that is about the same as if you converted it to dollars here. It's only expensive because your converting to a less valuable currency.

I was wondering what that finally went for , wow £4000 :eek:
Apart from a flatracker seat unit & the 840 conversion , it aint got a lot going for it really.
Especially as this is the same people "blim840" was complaining about HERE. So even the engine is doubtful & 150mph :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I can see it going 140mph since a bone stock 55hp xs can go 117... Which feels like hitting a wall at the end of fifth. This thing is probably making 65hp at the tire. I want to see a speed run.

That was way overpriced, Im here in theUK and theres no way it was worth that much!
Trust me, youre better off with a Wiseco or Mikes XS 750 conversion fior a quarter of the price ..:wink2:
An 840 will not crack 150MPh, as I stated , mine were tuned to f*** but would still only hit 110 max...:wtf:

For that money Id buy 3 bikes.
That top speed quote is a pipe dream,no 840's going to hit 150, none of mine would do more than 110mph!
(and they looked nicer!) :D

110??? That's just silly. A norton commando 850 makes less power than a stock XS almost all across the board, sits 50 pounds heavier, and only has a 4-speed gearbox. Those can be seen achieving 125mph consistently.

Silly? Buy one and try it.Ive built 3 of them .The 840 kit gives you a huge stack of torque but doesnt help top end performance that much, the rest of the XS motor doesnt like consistant over-revving, besides the stock chassis wont cope well with 100+ speeds.
. Anyone can quote potential high top speeds based on tuned power>gearing.early Tri
Any bike can be tuned & thrashed (briefly)beyond its capabilities for a short time, back in the 70's I had a tuned 50cc Fantic that would hit 75mph (on a track, following wind) but wouldnt last a minute on the road. My mate races 500cc Rotax singles that will do 140mph but not consistantly or in everyday use/non-racing conditions..
Nortons..
Those can be seen achieving 125mph consistently.
Consistently? My commandos would loose parts rapidly if you ran them over 80 for more than a mile or two!
Remember T120/T140 Bonnevilles advertised as capaple of 120MPH? As if !

Last edited:
Used in AMA and WERA racing my new then 1981 CB900F would make about 129MPH. A hopped up XS650 do 150? Not too likely.

Back