XS back in the day.....

LOL.......Are yoy referring to Kerry Roberts..??

Who's Kerry? Kenny earned the nickname "The King" before that fat guy from Graceland. Truly one of, if not THEE best flat tracker ever!

KK3.jpg

The year before last King Kenny came to the Indy Mile and took a hot lap. Have a look here:

The year before last King Kenny came to the Indy Mile and took a hot lap. Have a look here:

Yup. I sat there with my feet 4 feet from the inside guardrail on the front straight when he FLEW by! King Kenny only needed one lap to reaquaint himself with the bike (and flattracking in general) and then he let all hell break loose. A memory I'll never forget.

I guess there are a lot of members who never got to see these old bikes going over the jump at Peoria. What a rush just remembering it. I think I'm gettin a boner!

Been a long time since I been to the The TT. I remember several years, the Findlay Flyer {there's a test nickname for the younguns}, doing his best, but he could not hang there with a young Chris Carr.

Last edited:
didn't know who Kenny Roberts was until this forum but wow, how the hell was it illegal? that's bs, too fast they say? lol:laugh::thumbsup:

Harley lobbied the AMA to get it banned. I think they got the rules changed to say the motor had to be no more than 2 cylinder's, but I'm not sure any longer. That was in the mid 70's.

Back