XS Southeast -Sept

I will post an itinerary on here once it all comes together. The banner will be hanging on the main building and the tee shirts will be waiting inside the lodge.

page0001_zpsnu6s0dpj.jpg

page0002_zpswzkacqw6.jpg

I'm in; coming from Walhalla S.C. (the southernmost end of moonshiner 28). maybe meet you guys in Corneila?

We are going to have a meet-up in Cornelia on Friday morning. We'll be meeting at a hotel there. I'll post the details when they come together.

You may PM me if you wish to reserve an event tee shirt or send a request to xsseshirt@laser134.com

The Iron Horse is down to one bed for our weekend. Get it, or pack your tent and sleeping bag! This is proving to be a popular rally.

I'm wondering if anybody thinks it's abnormal that I'm ALREADY PACKED!!!!!!! :bike:

Looking forward to it.......Gordon in NC, who has a camera and isn't afraid to use it!!! :laugh:

Atlanta riders will be staying overnight Thursday Sept 24 at Days Inn, Cornelia (just off I-985 / US23 on Level Grove Road). E-Z to find with convenient fuel and a Waffle House just across the street. Several of us will be meeting up there on Friday around 9:30AM. Along with any other Florida riders that are coming up for the Rally. btw: Days is like $60 with tax.

Greetings!

We are planning to ride about the same or similar to what we did in 2013. If you plan to go on this route with a group......

arrive at the Iron Horse with a full tank!

Our first scheduled fuel stop is 80 miles. We may have a lot of people, so if you don't start with plenty of gas, you'll be on your own. From 28 north, the last fuel is at the Tuskeegee Motel, 5 miles from the IH. From the south, Robbinsville is last gas, about 14 miles from the IH.

I'll have printed trip tics for those who wish to go in smaller groups. PM me your email address and I'll send the route via email.

I'll also offer alternate routes to those who fail to fuel up and to those looking for a shorter ride.

We'll be looking for folks to buddy up and look out for each other in small groups. The large group can not stop for every issue. It just won't work this year. We're expecting a big turn out. This will be the best XS Southeast yet. I'm sure of it.

If you are planning to camp and have not made a reservation, be sure to contact the Iron Horse about your dinner choices at least a day or two before you arrive. They only cook for who they know is dining with them in advance.

I hope to see you there!

If you're planning on enjoying adult beverages next weekend keep in mind that our rally is held in a dry county. You have to bring it with you. From the east, last chance is Bryson City. I hope to meet at least a few of you there!

Rally this weekend. I hope to see some of you there!

Marty, it's just a couple of days away and so far (fingers crossed) nothing has come up that will change my plans.

I'm set up with the Horse and can't wait to dig into that prime rib again.

I want to thank you for all the work you've done to pull this off.

Weather forecast looks typical for this time of year in the mountains.

Hope to get to shake your hand and thank you in person...:)....Gordon in NC

Marty, it's just a couple of days away and so far (fingers crossed) nothing has come up that will change my plans.

I'm set up with the Horse and can't wait to dig into that prime rib again.

I want to thank you for all the work you've done to pull this off.

Weather forecast looks typical for this time of year in the mountains.

Hope to get to shake your hand and thank you in person...:)....Gordon in NC

Rain or shine, we'll have a wonderful time. Showers isn't such a bad forecast.

Rain or shine, we'll have a wonderful time. Showers isn't such a bad forecast.

Like I said Marty....."nothing has come up to change my plans"

For the past 15 years I hosted an event. 30-35 riders and with family and friends we'd feed 50-60 people after the ride at our dinner on the grounds. Watching the weather was one of the stresses.....but it's something you have no control over.

One year the weather was really nasty and the rain started at our group dinner Friday night. I just knew that come Saturday morning half the riders would back out......what's a man to do?. We were high up in the mountains and our start time was at 10am to give the fog a little time to burn off. Saturday morning, I got up and got ready.....when I went outside. There they were....ALL of them...geared up and ready to go. Most even had smiles on their faces :). It rained all day...all 200+ miles and in all three states we rode through. Never once did I hear anybody complain.

Attitude is everything......:bike:

See ya tomorrow....:thumbsup:....Gordon in NC

Last edited:
Just heard about this an hour ago. I would like to try to meet you guys head on on Saturday. What route r u taking from robbinsville to tellica plains?

And if I miss you then, what route will u take on the way back on Sunday?

I've owned my 72xs since 1976. It's back on the road for the last 2 years. Haven't seen any 650's, probably in the last 20 years. I need to know that there's someone else out there. Ahhhhhh! :yikes:

Thanks, I'm okay now.

Back