xs1!!!

Well, engine parts do differ from what you'll want to be able to build your chop with. You would have to swap out the entire bottom end to get the 447 bottom just to be able to do anything with it, that is if I'm reading things correctly. If you where going to just chop it, I'de put it up on the classified board and ask for a trade and money for a 74+. Having said that. here's what I ran into:

Last summer I picked up a 69cb750 with a very low VIN# lowlow. I was going to chop it also.I had been surfin sohc4 for awhile to learn more about them. I got the same thing we see here, a bunch of "resto" guys that were wanting buy it. You can make a ton of money off of it. dont chop it. So I put it on hold for like a month. Offered it to anyone for even a trade on another sohc in descent shape. Then you find out whats really going on. Nothing. A bunch of crappy offers. So now I have a 69 sohc cb750 chop. hehe. I did make enough money to cover the bike from selling the tank and the side covers though. :thumbsup:

Ya, I know what sandcast is. Actually not a sand cast though , it early (10036XX) oops, not a 69 either it's a 70 (my fault). Still a desirable but not sandcast, and it didn't have all of the oem garb on it. so it was a project, an expensive project to restore. A project I offered up and no one wanted so it's going another direction now.

Last edited:
Obviously, if you offered it to a bunch of guys on a forum like this, you're not going to get offers that are worth a shit... especially after you tell them you got it for nothing. That's why you put it up on eBay, where you have millions of potential buyers rather than a few hundred to a few thousand.

That's kind of the point. I wasn't looking to flip or make a killing on it. I just wanted a sohc project. And I had it, even gave people a chance just like the posts in this thread that want an xs1 a chance to get it. Seriously trying to help someone out by just trading frames and titles. Never happened just a lot of hot air. I really don't get into the whole "I know what I got" thing. Best to get a good plateform and build from there. imo

Even if I got an XS1 for free, I probably wouldn't want to base my chop on it. Like Teebs says, sell it on ebay, and use the money to buy a later one. :twocents:

It wasn't a sandcast so no one wanted it. As for the xs1 im not a purest so I don't give a fuck what you do to it but I like money. So that makes your friend an idiot. I have 2 complete xs's I will trade him for his one. 1 is a 75 and the other a 77.

Man, I can't believe someone can chop a XS1 even if he got it for cheap. At least, sell it to someone who will restore it (wish it was me !) and buy another one.

Probably just a frame with all later parts maybe even a later engine, with no pictures who knows, I'm not a purist, if it's a load of bits put on an xs1 frame, no point even thinking of restoring.

I like finding the information I need on this site. You guys are great at hooking up the knowledge and I thank you all for that. But my guilty pleasure is was watching Teebs be a dick to people when they do or say something stupid. I know one day I'll have the pleasure of this being directed towards me but its still fun to watch it happen to others. Teebs your number won:thumbsup:

so what i'm getting (understanding) here is that an xs1 is a way big waste of time. frame number i know to be correct for an xs1, due to a picture sent from my friend (those of you who don't believe me, don't really care). you guys are really up in arms over this thing. i was excited as this is the second xs i've ever been around and was titled as an xs1, so not to be a "douche" but some people get excited over this shit and not just judgemental like other people. i know the rarity (having seen a little about them) but not much else, and was crazy pumped about it. my brother rides a '68 shovel so i really have the "vintage" cool thing going on all around me. so i'll apologize now before you guys get more up in arms over shit. i will hopefully have pictures after the xmas holiday.

Dude, you're excited about cutting up something you know is rare... how much sense does that make?

It's really no different at all than chopping the xs you butchered. They're all rare and given time, they'll all be rarer.

That's a completely retarded statement. How many XS1s available compared to Specials? And mine was already butchered, I just butchered it a little more. And you think Specials look better than Standards so your opinion doesn't really count.

Every opinion really counts. That's the thing you've yet to learn grasshoppah.

Please. The only thing anyone is going to learn from you is how to babble incoherently 98.3% of the time. Try the zen thing with someone else, knucklehead.

Back