xs2 clutch nut size

nairb

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
reading on the forum it seems there can be 2 sizes for the clutch nut.... that great fat nut that holds it all on.
I have measured the size of the nut on my xs2 and its 29mm I think. Do all xs2's have the same size nut?. Or is it a case of you get what your given.
I only have 27mm and 30 mm sockets so I need to go an buy one. Just want to make sure its the right one.

ta
Nairb

I found a 29mm nut on my '78 clutch so I guess they do vary. I think 27 or 28mm is the most common. Before I got a 29mm socket, I shimmed a 30mm with sheet metal on a couple of the sides and it did the trick.

A nice 29mm high impact socket finally arrived. Put the drive chain back on, and with the rear brake on managed to take that fat nut off. Not too much hassle in the end. All bits kept in the right order to be reassembled.
Once the electric started bits are replaced that will be the last of the big jobs to be done.... other than getting the clutch/side cover back on and oil tight.
But we all know there is a big difference getting a bike back on the road after 30 years for that first ride and having a reliable bike.
No doubt there will be other things to fix once comes to life again. But the light has come on at the end of the tunnel...

Back