xs650 build off 2014!!

I'm in. Got my $200 70 xs1 starting point. Engine turns over and has good compression.

Looking for a at/dt/ct/rt etc tank.

Got a spair set of wr250f inverted forks I would like to use, I plan on making my own trees.

I'm in on the 2014 Buildoff

Attachments

• Buildoff Nov.jpg
    Buildoff Nov.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 151
This can be my update.... I moved the frame/parts bike from outside to inside lol... And yes I used a wagon

B9F9EE49-725E-4021-BAB7-98E97C936678-1112-00000074B7CDDE28_zps55295dfd.jpg

And I started tear down of it as well

02D0CE55-46F4-4154-AF5D-2ECBC511EC8E-1112-00000074C2A1B062_zpseea69aea.jpg

Did some milling today on the upper tree for my girder front end. Should have the front end done late next week. Once it's in front of me I can start designing the frame around it.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 113
Are you guys going to be updating personal build threads or are you just going to post monthly here? It would be cool to see individual threads for your builds that way when we all get together for the ride and party it will be a little more fun knowing a little of the story behind each bike.

:cheers: hey y'all i'm new here to the forum ridin' a modified [not bobbed or chopped] 1975 xs650 out of ga...sounds like a killer idea... :thumbsup:

Did some milling today on the upper tree for my girder front end. Should have the front end done late next week. Once it's in front of me I can start designing the frame around it.

It will be interesting to see how you figure out the compression and ride height with the girder front end. What rake angle 40 degrees?

It will be interesting to see how you figure out the compression and ride height with the girder front end. What rake angle 40 degrees?

Its being set up for 35 degrees of rake. Gives me 3.75 inches of trail with the 19" front I picked up. Shock is a 115 lb spring rate with 3" of full travel, I had the engineer at Works Performance do the work on that part. Far as ride height is concerned I am building my frame from scratch so I will set the ride height as I build it. Hopefully all the calculations work out.

Got my NOVEMBER pic in per contest requirements! Here is my 83xs that i bought from SangreDeDios and let me say the thing runs so damn good i cant sell it. it was his personal bike and had been the best representation of a chopped xs i had seen in person or rode (ive only owned 3 or 4 chopped xs's). Because of it being so reliable is why i decided to not start a project that envolved me changing the way it runs/performs as that is not an issue; so the motor will never unbolt. everything will be degreased and all covers will be removed and powdercoated black.

Going Board tracker theme; baby blue 60s Honda tank, 16" front and rear with mt90-16 white-walls front and rear (going to paint match hoops baby blue with black hubs/chrome spokes), custom curved boardtracker clip-ons, vintage orange headlamp with amber lens matching orange tank accents, white grips etc....

i will probably start my own thread come Decembers required picture post if i make some parts progress. having a 3 week old baby and all the holidays leaves me very doubtful.

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 132
  • bike5.jpg
    bike5.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 161
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 113
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 131
If u in and haven't sent the entry fee and ur shirt size yet plz do asap. Plz put ur username in the message on paypal so we no who's for sure.

Hah! Did you get my text this morning? I never heard back! I thought you and champco fell in love and ran away!

Ya Right, Champ is an awesome guy, got alot of insider tips on doing my own seat, I recommend his stuff he's doing it pretty much all old Skool style Great Guy, definitely was a great visit talking Bikes and Leather working, I called u a few times and left you Voicemails, an nope no Message, hey I left the wheel & triple with Champ PM me about it.

Back