XS650 Fork Lowering Kits!

No, because you actually shorten the innerspring to compensate for the lowering spacer. You can make it stiffer by cutting less spring off, directions say 2" spacer you cut the springs 2" but some have opted for a stiffer ride and cut less.

Thanks for the pics, i can see i will be golden with my 2" lowering.

I have to ask, do these bikes lowered that much ride like a brick front end wise?

Not really. Stiffer yes, but anyone can see that the OEM Forks were way to soft for any kind of aggressive riding...

3" of drop still leaves about 1.75" of uptravel or so. Thats the biggest drop we offer. But, our biggest seller is 2" and looks killer on my XS Builds...

Thanks for all the support folks, we are staying busy as can be this year, and it's all due to you folks :thumbsup:

Thats right folks, just got these finished out for ya'll. Get that "Just Right" stance on your street tracker, cafe, bobber, or chopper! 35MM forks ONLY (for now)

Complete with an On-Line How-To Thread for your convenience:
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330

You can paypal payments to HughsHandBuilt@gmail.com or send any questions you may have in that direction as well.

Looks like a nice kit and most forks are ripe for new seals and a clean up. I had a look at your write up on the installasion bit....
One question I have.... the alle screw (grub screw) that "locks" the lowering kit in place has a hole drilled through it right ? ? ? or else the hole will be pluged correct? :banghead:

100_5650.jpg

Cheers

Looks like a nice kit and most forks are ripe for new seals and a clean up. I had a look at your write up on the installasion bit....
One question I have.... the alle screw (grub screw) that "locks" the lowering kit in place has a hole drilled through it right ? ? ? or else the hole will be pluged correct? :banghead:

100_5650.jpg

Cheers

Nope, the set screw is on the opposite side of the valving holes... If you had a set of lowering spacers in hand, it would make sense...

Hugh

Nope, the set screw is on the opposite side of the valving holes... If you had a set of lowering spacers in hand, it would make sense...

Hugh

Hey Hugh,
OK.... so the hole is a throu hole and on one side there is a set screw and on the other side is where it lines up to where it is suppoed to...
could you explain please,. I will do my best to understand... its not like it rocket engineering.... LOL :doh:

Hey Hugh,
OK.... so the hole is a throu hole and on one side there is a set screw and on the other side is where it lines up to where it is suppoed to...
could you explain please,. I will do my best to understand... its not like it rocket engineering.... LOL :doh:

You pretty much nailed it... Again, if you have one in hand, the installation should be simple and straight forward.. Don't overthink it :)

You pretty much nailed it... Again, if you have one in hand, the installation should be simple and straight forward.. Don't overthink it :)

he he he.... thanks for the clearification. I'm just getting into XS650s and I am reading up and making a note of all the stuff I need to order for the long vinter here in Norway.

Cheers

PS you will have an order comming your way shortly.

Will these work with progressive springs?

Posted via Mobile

They should work. You would want to cut the "hard end" of the spring I would think, the looser wound end. The tighter wound end is where all of the early travel cushiness is. I think I'd probably be conservative in the cut at first.

Hi,
I'm currently deciding between 2'' and 3'' drop. What's the loss in performance/comfort/ability? I'm worried if I go 3'' I'll regret it while riding. Thoughts?

with a three inch drop kit you can always have an inch removed off of the lowering spacers... then you will be down to 2". I wouldn't chop all 3" off the spings at once thou. Also have to keep in mind the type of riding you do. Just a thought

2" drop is our most popular drop. Proper stance and improved handling...

Thanks so much for your support this year folks - I have the best customers in the world -

Hugh

Hugh - posted this question in another thread discussing your lowering kit but can't find it :)

I'm going to order up one of your 3" kits (I need to lower by closer to 4 I think but I'll adjust by sliding up the tree a bit).

That being said, my dampening rods have been drilled out as I have Race Tech emulators in the forks. Do I need to be concerned with lining up the holes etc. on the spacers given my dampening rods have more or less been disabled relegating their duties to the cartridge emulators?

Hugh - posted this question in another thread discussing your lowering kit but can't find it :)

I'm going to order up one of your 3" kits (I need to lower by closer to 4 I think but I'll adjust by sliding up the tree a bit).

That being said, my dampening rods have been drilled out as I have Race Tech emulators in the forks. Do I need to be concerned with lining up the holes etc. on the spacers given my dampening rods have more or less been disabled relegating their duties to the cartridge emulators?

I would still line them up, it won't affect anything negatively.

Hugh

Hey Tim, I have the 3" drop installed on mine.

Back