XS650 Fork Lowering Kits!

Since my first pic got replaced with some sort of egg noodle dish, here's mine with Hugh's 3" drop.
2qa377l.jpg

Hey Hugh I did the Minton mods to my dampers....would like to do your 2 inch drop...any problems running your drop with what I did? Or should I look for some stock dampers to?

Hey Hugh I did the Minton mods to my dampers....would like to do your 2 inch drop...any problems running your drop with what I did? Or should I look for some stock dampers to?

They will work on those dampers, they will actually restrict the oil ports back to a reasonable amount (with research, you'll see the minton mods to the dampers is no longer a proper upgrade)

Thanks for all the support folks, we are bringing some new items to the XS650 market this season.

Hugh

Hey Hugh

What other factors need to be considered (when lowering forks) to get the stance one is looking for? Right now I have a hardtail, little to no stretch in down tubes or anywhere for that matter. Right now I have 16" rear and 18" front rims.

I plan on going with 18" front and rear with the beefy 4.5... or 16" front and rear with the beefier 5.0.

I like the look the 3" spacers provide. Any tips on visualizing what the results would be when taking all factors into consideration? Pitfalls?

Hey Hugh

What other factors need to be considered (when lowering forks) to get the stance one is looking for? Right now I have a hardtail, little to no stretch in down tubes or anywhere for that matter. Right now I have 16" rear and 18" front rims.

I plan on going with 18" front and rear with the beefy 4.5... or 16" front and rear with the beefier 5.0.

I like the look the 3" spacers provide. Any tips on visualizing what the results would be when taking all factors into consideration? Pitfalls?

Mock it up (don't ride it this way though)

Just slide the tubes up in the trees until you like the stance, measure the amount of fork tube sticking out of the tree and order the matching kit :thumbsup:

Did anyone ever report back? I'm wanting a 2" drop as well, but some say I'll be disappointed with the bike handling. Any feedback?

Did anyone ever report back? I'm wanting a 2" drop as well, but some say I'll be disappointed with the bike handling. Any feedback?

2" drop is the most popular seller we have. With OEM height rear shocks, you will get a slightly "quicker" turning feel. Depending on how you want to setup the bike of course. Tevan has a 2" drop on his XS2 with 35mm Forks, 18" Front and Rear wheels. and longer than OEM rear shocks. His bike carves rather quickly, making it a blast on our mountain roads.

_MG_0530.jpg

So his bike is "lower" in the front than most, with the shorter wheel and tire, 2" dropped forks, etc... The steering angle is also more exaggerated with the longer rear shocks.

If you wanted it to handle just like stock, or close to it, a 2" front drop, with a 1-2" rear drop makes for a fairly easy riding machine, with a lower center of gravity (and less clearance of course, so watch those pipes)

Its all in how you want the bike to handle.

Back