XS650 Fork Lowering Kits!

i ordered the 2 in lowering kit, looked in my forks and found out my bike came with progressive springs, just wondering which end to cut from? i know it said earlier in the thread to cut from the harder end and was wondering if any one has done this with experience?
also would i need to put in less oil with these spacers?

The oil volume would be more or less unchanged. The volume the spacers take up is being offset by the volume of spring you're cutting off, and while the springs take up perhaps a little less volume than the spacer for the same length, the difference will be minor.

A more accurate way of measuring oil volume is to fill it to a specific depth measured from the top of the fork. Honestly don't know what the depth is. I had a pro set up my Race Tech emulators/springs in Alabama last October and forget how much oil he used.

It says in Hugh's blog on chopcult that you add 175ml of fork oil.

Yep, run the same amount of oil as per OEM, or you can experiment with more or less if you are into playing around with the forks like the old racers did..

Still have TONS of these in stock :bike:

270938_500069690042474_1741095291_n.jpg

I have a 72, will these work on my bike? If so I will be running a 23" wheel up front, how much should I lower it 2" or 3"? Suggestions

Hugh just want to say nice write up in the horse . Cool bike and as always the XS God has new and great new products...
KEEP CHOPPIN!!!!!

Hey Hugh, I have what I believe to be an XS850 front end (it has dual front disc brakes) on my XS650 :shrug:

It's a Voodoo Vintage MK6A frame with stock mags front and back.

IMAG0660_zps39c98dc5.jpg

Question is, I believe they are 36mm forks, can you help me out?
How hard is it to customize one for me?

I need between 3" and 4" to level it. :confused:

Hey Hugh, I have what I believe to be an XS850 front end (it has dual front disc brakes) on my XS650 :shrug:

It's a Voodoo Vintage MK6A frame with stock mags front and back.

IMAG0660_zps39c98dc5.jpg

Question is, I believe they are 36mm forks, can you help me out?
How hard is it to customize one for me?

I need between 3" and 4" to level it. :confused:

We can custom build you a set of lowering spacers, just mail us in one of your damper rods and we can make it happen :bike:

Hugh

Need help figuring out what the hell i have. These are the forks that came off my 75 xs650. The tubes are 30.5 in and in no way match the internals shown in your pics. And in the shot of everythimg laid out the upper right corner those are 2 sections of 12in water pipe that i guess was used to make up for the longer tubes.

Attachments

• CAM00314.jpg
    CAM00314.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 322
  • CAM00311.jpg
    CAM00311.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 309
  • CAM00312.jpg
    CAM00312.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 299
Back