XS650 rally, rides Ozark mountains, Arkansas April 28-30th

There was another father son combo came up from Texas (hint hint) to get parts and swore they will be a back next year on bikes.

20160429_154950.jpg

I was kinda/sorta leaning towards showing up there to see if these guys would let me hang around (Moto Guzzi). I had it set in my mind the whole month of April, but the weather went to crap here, and I thought there as well. I could have trucked myself down there and then got the bike off and rode around if I thought it was nice.

Yes indeed, the rule at Yamaha 650 Society rallies is "Run what ya brung." This was the first Society rally I've attended in a very long while at which everyone showed up with an XS650.

Buncha old farts on old XS650s? And some of them smoke? (riders, not bikes)

Scenic routes? BBQ joints?

Dangit. Wish I coulda' been there...

Me too, that's a great ride. Great pictures!

I used to live in Eureka Springs years and years ago.

Maybe next year, after I have the 650 back together.

This was a great time, with a great bunch of guys. I really enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone.
Thanks
JP

Very cool to see you guys went to Jasper. My Mother grew up there and we are friends with the owners of the Ozark Café. I'm assuming that's where you ate lunch. If I had known, I would have pulled out my 74 TX650 and rode with you. I'm glad everyone had a safe trip. Hopefully, we'll join you in 2017.

Back