Yet another chop..........

Yeah i got a bunch of tanks sitting. Gets expensive real quick. I was set on my cole foster tank but lt just didn't look right on any of my builds. I really like it tho but for now it's used as decoration in my garage :-/

I feel ya. It def sucks having tanks i dont plan on using. But once i seen the cole foster it was over. Seems to me that the tank, seat and head light were the hardest choices to make. Comes with the territory i guess. My advice would be to really really be sure on chioces

Yeah j speaking of garage art. I have a set of 38s i rebuilt that i made a stand for and now grace my desk in garage. Amazing how much $ i have in extras. Certainly no lack of parts for down the road shit :D

Partial mock up of the tank. Was a little tricky getting the front tabs off without cutting into the tank. Need to figure front mounting. Any Ideas? Here are a couple of pics

Attachments

• 2013-03-17_10-45-25_534.jpg
    2013-03-17_10-45-25_534.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 2013-03-17_10-52-11_213.jpg
    2013-03-17_10-52-11_213.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 2013-03-17_11-43-47_995.jpg
    2013-03-17_11-43-47_995.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 241
Thanks John. The rear has a 7/16" nub at a 45 degree angle that you have to drill into the backbone for it to rest in. Pretty easy. The front however,:shrug:. Will have to make some mounts for the sides to attach to gussets I think. Going to have to think about it maybe get some input

If anyone has wondered what the license plates say on the back wall........

BEETINGU A judge didnt find that one too funny :D
EXTINCT Went on a TA Ram Air
1NA1LIT For the work truck (Wouldnt let me get ISCRUIT)

Perfect tank for that bike!! Relocate the tabs to the middle and rubber mount it. Bungkings.com has a sweet kit. Else you can mount tabs to top of the tank tunnel

Partial mock up of the tank. Was a little tricky getting the front tabs off without cutting into the tank. Need to figure front mounting. Any Ideas? Here are a couple of pics

Thanks J, decided against a top mount. was looking on bung king for a kit and saw a couple. Have you done any research on mounting this?

That tank is sweet.
I think a tab on the front top edge of the tunnel.
bung in the top on the backbone

h3llb3nt1 quote "Thanks J, decided against a top mount"

never mind. tank still looks gteat!

Thanks carbon. I messaged Spades on how he mounted his. Didn't see any gussets on his though so maybe he did use a backbone type setup. I'm thinking some new brackets on the front of the tank and mounting to gussets. Just don't want to do anything to take away from the look of the tank. Looked on bung king per jdizon and seen a couple of kits. Going to have to measure things up and see what I come up with. That tank does look bad ass though. Really sets off the bike me thinks

Looking forward to you coming up irish. Be nice to have an experienced builder look things over and maybe get some good ideas

Looking forward to you coming up irish. Be nice to have an experienced builder look things over and maybe get some good ideas

Hell I mite get ideas im realy dig'n those wheels and have set of heritage hubs that mite get the big rims after see'n ur.

Posted via Mobile

That's beautiful work on the frame,I thought I was the only anal retentive prick left in the world that spent all of his spare time welding up low spots and filing/die grinding high spots!:laugh:
It really looks nice on chrome plated parts:)

Attachments

• quag_2012-10-15.jpg
    quag_2012-10-15.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 148
That's beautiful work on the frame,I thought I was the only anal retentive prick left in the world that spent all of his spare time welding up low spots and filing/die grinding high spots!:laugh:
It really looks nice on chrome plated parts:)

Thanks z. Yeah its alot of extra work but it will pay off in the end. It fills the time when waiting for funds on parts :D

Back