Trade - 1 TX compression release valve cover for 2 plain ones

barncat

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
like the title says. i have several early style compression release valve covers in VGC. fully functional. i delete the E-start and want the cleaner look of the plain later style "square" cover. will take pic if necessary. your parts do not need to be clean but should be in good condition with no significant scratches.

btw, i'm just assuming they are a direct swap... someone jump in here and correct me if that's not the case. do not have one in hand. thanks.

Last edited:
Hi barncat,
yeah, the plain 4-holers are a straight swap.
When they gave up on the compression release device those frugal fuckers found it cheaper to keep the 4 x M8 leftside exhaust cover stud pattern with a plain cover than to revert to the old style head.
You might think about offering the c/r cover , the c/r bar lever & switch and the appropriate rocker arm as a package deal for the nostalgia buffs?
How many plain covers would that take?

hey Fred- appreciate the confirmation that the parts are interchangeable as expected.

at present i do not have any spare rocker arms, plus i modify (gasp!) the stock throttles by cutting/grinding off the CR lever boss and reusing them... they are dual pull cables which are great for Mikuni VM's. this time around i made a couple aluminum ferrule cable housing stops that press into the throttle housing. i had one of those curved tube adjuster flanges fail on me out on the road this summer.

if i still had my milling machines i'd just make a few covers. will trade as per original post preferably in lower 48. need em soon. there are no vintage CR valve cover assemblies on Ebay at present that i could find...

Back