For Sale - 1981 XS650 Special II Chopper Bobber

JGore99

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So my bike is back up for sale. I moved to Florida and I do not have the time or money to finish the bike. I really want to see this thing finished by someone. I did buy more parts and did more work since last time it was for sale.

It is a 1981 Yamaha XS650 Special II. Was running great (was riding it before chop)! Chopped it and put a David Bird looped hardtail on 2"drop 2" stretch). Has TONS of parts that come with it. I.E. Cole Foster Tank, Unity Spotlight, 21" Front powder coated black with new SS spokes and Avon Speedmaster tire, 16" rear powder coated black with new SS spokes and a Firestone Champion Deluxe 5.00-16, Biltwell Keystone bars with grips and throttle, '28 Ford Tail light(new) with tag bracket, battery box, Gold link chain, Seat pan with foam, brass seat springs, lowbrow fender strut kit, 7MetalWest ribbed and ducktailed fender, new wheel bearings, tapered neck bearings, mini speedo, electronics box/fake oil thank, and much more I just can't remember. It is almost complete. Just need a few little things (biggest thing is wiring and exhaust) and paint.

I don't have to sell it, but it would be nice to have some cash for other stuff since the bike is sitting in my garage in GA... I'm just seeing if anyone is interested.

The bike has no title but was registered and insured in the state of GA. So it has bill of sale only!

I am asking $2900 obo and have ALOT more than that in the bike, my time, and all the parts! I will NOT part it out...

PM me here with questions of your phone number if you want to talk about it.

Pic as it sits:

2012-06-16_16-34-03_144.jpg

2012-06-16_16-33-32_460.jpg

2012-06-16_16-34-33_516.jpg

no title and won't part out? no one will bite on that price without a title. good luck.

no title and won't part out? no one will bite on that price without a title. good luck.

In GA they don't require titles on older vehicles. As long as he has a good registration and a GA bill of sale it shouldn't be a problem to get it titled or registered. At least not in FL.

Thank you for the advice. Xstc is right about no title being required for GA and I think FL as well.

I have WELL over my asking price in the bike and parts. Not including all my time. The price is or best offer. I am open to offers. The worst I can do is say no. Just try not to insult me too bad with the offer.

not having a title is not a problem here in GA. The bike is registered and insured and will come with a bill of sale because that is all you need here.

the problem is there are probably only a handful of potential buyers in ga. everywhere else you need a title and if you dont have one they are a major pain to get. if you can i would suggest getting a title and you would probably sell pretty quick. i really like the way the tank sits on the bike. dont see that tank too often on the xs chops.

thanks for the advice oldschool. Austin, the bike will not be parted out. I will let it sit in my garage as is for another 5 years before I part it out

Back