Wanted - 34mm fork tubes - down under

KendenupXS

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for some 34mm fork tubes as mine are beyond repair.
Had a look at hard chroming costs, and then had to have a sit down ;)
If anyone has a pair in good condition in Oz, that would be brilliant
Andy

Hi Neils, first place I looked. Sadly, whilst the fork tubes are around $100US the shipping costs are over $200US
The truth is, $300 USD still isn't that bad for new 34mm shocks. The problem is, they are probably on Australia's prohibited list of items on incoming airplanes. Australia does not allow many pressurized items on incoming flights. Even those these forks are not pressurized, when they see "fork tubes" on the customs manifesto they will flag them. This is definitely true of shocks -- ask me how I know. Australia also does not allow incoming used gas tanks by air. They are afraid the tank will be full of gas fumes. Again, ask me how I know these things.

The truth is, $300 USD still isn't that bad for new 34mm shocks. The problem is, they are probably on Australia's prohibited list of items on incoming airplanes. Australia does not allow many pressurized items on incoming flights. Even those these forks are not pressurized, when they see "fork tubes" on the customs manifesto they will flag them. This is definitely true of shocks -- ask me how I know. Australia also does not allow incoming used gas tanks by air. They are afraid the tank will be full of gas fumes. Again, ask me how I know these things.
They're not a pressurised item, its just the fork tubs, without an end cap, so hollow chromed steel tubes. I'm guessing its just an issue with length and weight that makes the transport costs so expensive

They're not a pressurised item, its just the fork tubs, without an end cap, so hollow chromed steel tubes. I'm guessing its just an issue with length and weight that makes the transport costs so expensive
Yeah, I know they are not pressurized, that's why I said so in my post. And I wasn't talking about why the transport cost is high. What I said is that the authorities will flag them, preventing entry into the country, when they see "fork tube" on the manifesto, because they will think they might be pressurized. Ask me how I know.

Yeah, I know they are not pressurized, that's why I said so in my post. And I wasn't talking about why the transport cost is high. What I said is that the authorities will flag them, preventing entry into the country, when they see "fork tube" on the manifesto, because they will think they might be pressurized. Ask me how I know.
I’ll like to know how you know?
Could ask mikes XS to call them 2 steel pipes :)

Back