-38 deg at my house this am...

madjap

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
My shop is unheated (yet) and at -38 outside I decided to stay in the house today. I've already shoveled the walks yesterday when it was a BALMY -14, we plowed roads in our town most of the morning BUT everything I was running had at least a heater that MOSTLY worked in it, so it was fine.

!!!
-38°F???
If that happened down here, they'd declare a disaster...
Hi 2many,
FWIW, minus 40º is where the F & C temperatures coincide so it don't really matter at minus 38º neither.
but not a disaster here in Saskatoon.
Just check that the down-filled parka, tuque, bag mitts, scarf and Sorel boots are handy
and hope it don't snow enough that I'll need to fire up the mighty Tecumseh and go out
in the cold to snowblow my drive and sidewalk.

Only -10C or so here on the south coast (that's about 14 deg. F in the US). Crisp and clear - but too much crap on the roads for any fun.

I kinda felt a disaster IN MY SHORTS coming had I needed to go out and play this morning! My buddy was out ARCHERY DEER HUNTING tho, so I said a little 'you are INSANE' prayer for him. If he fails to show for work tomorrow we may find him all 'Hatchet Jack'-ed in his tree stand later.

I kinda felt a disaster IN MY SHORTS coming had I needed to go out and play this morning! My buddy was out ARCHERY DEER HUNTING tho, so I said a little 'you are INSANE' prayer for him. If he fails to show for work tomorrow we may find him all 'Hatchet Jack'-ed in his tree stand later.
Yeah, there are a group at work that were all twitterpated about heading out onto the lake this weekend and augering holes to go fishing. 28 below and a 20 mph breeze! Sharp as potato salad.

....sounds like the lyrics from a 1970s Diana Ross & the Supremes hit....

...FWIW, minus 40º is where the F & C temperatures coincide...

If that happens down here, a whole lotta things will coincide.

...not a disaster here in Saskatoon.

... down-filled parka, tuque, bag mitts, scarf and Sorel boots...
... snow ... the mighty Tecumseh ... snowblow ...

Yikes. Quick check of our inventory shows:

BBQ equipment, swimming pools, patio furniture, surfboards.

We'd never survive that...

Back