For Sale - 76-83 xs parts

Allegro40

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
offer retracted too much negative input. you guys can stop now I'm so done with it !

Last edited:
From a buyers point of view this is all wrong.

Site rules

5) All For Sale ads must have a price for each item! Ads without prices for everything must be listed as "Make Offer". This includes links to eBay items unless a buy now price is available and posted in the ad.

10) Everyone loves pictures. While pictures are not mandatory, they are highly encouraged for items for sale or trade. Post a picture!

1: goes againt the site rules, see rule 5
2: you are asking me to buy somthing site unseen
3: you are asking me to buy somthing as is and no returns
4: you are asking me to pay for somthing that will be shipped when the seller gets around to it
5: sublimial blackmail. If you get nedative resposes you are threatning to pull the add
[Quote: if its too much BS then we will retract this thread. Unquote]
6: All of the above goes against the most basic rule of buying. Buyer Beware

Allegro you may have all the best intentions and be the most honest person in the world.........but honestly if you saw this add would you buy these parts unseen, as is, with no returns.

From a buyers point of view this is all wrong.

Site rules

5) All For Sale ads must have a price for each item! Ads without prices for everything must be listed as "Make Offer". This includes links to eBay items unless a buy now price is available and posted in the ad.

10) Everyone loves pictures. While pictures are not mandatory, they are highly encouraged for items for sale or trade. Post a picture!

1: goes againt the site rules, see rule 5
2: you are asking me to buy somthing site unseen
3: you are asking me to buy somthing as is and no returns
4: you are asking me to pay for somthing that will be shipped when the seller gets around to it
5: sublimial blackmail. If you get nedative resposes you are threatning to pull the add
[Quote: if its too much BS then we will retract this thread. Unquote]
6: All of the above goes against the most basic rule of buying. Buyer Beware

Allegro you may have all the best intentions and be the most honest person in the world.........but honestly if you saw this add would you buy these parts unseen, as is, with no returns.

OK ok pull it, does not matter to me just trying to help someone out without giving him more grief than its worth to him. thats all. I just been noticing that the fleabay prices are stupidly high or low with high shipping costs. I guess you cant win for trying:banghead:

Why cant you get some photos and help the old guy out and if you make a couple of dollars for your time and the parts are still cheep then what is wrong with that:confused:

as for "cant win for trying :banghead:" :confused: if you don't think my points are valid say so or if you agree with my points then maybe you could modify the way you guys are selling to make it more buyer friendly

one comment and you are doing what you threatened.... "lets see how it goes if its too much BS then we will retract this thread." .......

Why cant you get some photos and help the old guy out and if you make a couple of dollars for your time and the parts are still cheep then what is wrong with that:confused:

as for "cant win for trying :banghead:" :confused:

He's 85 cant work a digital camera has over 3000 bikes does not do any sales on the internet barely checks his e-mail, I dont live near him he is 11 hours 52 minutes / 592.13 miles away from me, I met him driving by his place and noticed a few acres of bikes and decided to stop in and see what he's got.All his business is by word of mouth, what can I say, If you saw this guy you would not want to put undue hardship on him just to sell a part. listen I'm getting pissed because I want to make an old guys life a little easier, not harder. He's got parts for these bikes and some that board members are looking for. I already talked to him and said you guys were hesitant to do business this way he said he was ok with that there are other boards I have posted a similar message to of course with Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda,Bultaco, Maico, Benneli, Harley Bsa, Triumph, Norton, Vespa etc boards that I am a member of. I am honest guy and so is he but he cant eat costs and neither can I. Its a f__cked up world but you gotta trust somebody some time :shrug:

" Its a f__cked up world but you gotta trust somebody some time "
first just my opinion i heard that exact term ONCE and i ate $123 bucks on a part i never received for my sportster. will never buy again without seeing part or at least contact info. most people are very trusting but there is a lot of pay me now and i'll ship sometime later. again just my opinion and i think it is pretty close to everyone else to.

umm you know what lets just pull that add (moderator) lets just be done with it , bad idea with unwanted responses PULL IT FFS:doh:

not saying your a bad guy but really buying a part without seeing it and not knowing when it is going to ship is just all wrong. how many times have you driven to see a mint shape part only to find it was a piece of crap. happens to often. not to say your not doing the right thing but !!!!

Post his Name, phone no and address.
Someone will be smart enough to buy the whole lot and resell. The old guy gets the money, no labour if it is a pick up. Chances are the stuff left out side will not be worth much, rust, seized engines. The parts stored inside could be got for less if sold in bulk and again the old guy gets the money and the parts can still be sold of cheeper than ebay.

Come on Allegro40, if you really want to help out then share and stop spitting the dummy:)

Post his Name, phone no and address.
Someone will be smart enough to buy the whole lot and resell. The old guy gets the money, no labour if it is a pick up. Chances are the stuff left out side will not be worth much, rust, seized engines. The parts stored inside could be got for less if sold in bulk and again the old guy gets the money and the parts can still be sold of cheeper than ebay.

Come on Allegro40, if you really want to help out then share and stop spitting the dummy:)

Shut TFU dont want to help you

nice!!! and why should we trust you????

Yeah you got a point, lets see it from my point. I really liked this forum, no posers and just a down to earth group of guys building their bikes. The feeling I got from the classifieds was there was not allot of money to go towards peoples builds and was offering an option albeit it was not a good well thought through option (now looking back) it was an option non the less.I personally have bought $300 worth of parts sight unseen from one of the newer members on this site, nice guy good intentions and hey he did'nt burn me, what a surprise ......not . I dont expect you guys to trust me, I know there are people on here I have helped out with parts at a very reasonable price. And I hope they will keep me in mind for future parts. But you two seem the be the only pickles in the patch, and I have little time for your rebuttal.If you feel threatened its only because you got burned and prefer to hold on to that thought when dealing with others on this site,I got burned too but guess what not from anyone on this site and most cases I just flip and resell the parts to people that are looking and take the loss. I personally think most guys on here are on the up and up. But there is a point that I get to when I dont step back and let things slide as is the case with you two (2). And thats my integrity you question, if you lamely think I will just sit here and take flack ....... well.
in short I'm through talking, time to get back to work. good luck all the best to ya :thumbsup:

Yeah you got a point, lets see it from my point. I really liked this forum, no posers and just a down to earth group of guys building their bikes. The feeling I got from the classifieds was there was not allot of money to go towards peoples builds and was offering an option albeit it was not a good well thought through option (now looking back) it was an option non the less.I personally have bought $300 worth of parts sight unseen from one of the newer members on this site, nice guy good intentions and hey he did'nt burn me, what a surprise ......not . I dont expect you guys to trust me, I know there are people on here I have helped out with parts at a very reasonable price. And I hope they will keep me in mind for future parts. But you two seem the be the only pickles in the patch, and I have little time for your rebuttal.If you feel threatened its only because you got burned and prefer to hold on to that thought when dealing with others on this site,I got burned too but guess what not from anyone on this site and most cases I just flip and resell the parts to people that are looking and take the loss. I personally think most guys on here are on the up and up. But there is a point that I get to when I dont step back and let things slide as is the case with you two (2). And thats my integrity you question, if you lamely think I will just sit here and take flack ....... well.
in short I'm through talking, time to get back to work. good luck all the best to ya :thumbsup:

You like down to earth people yet can't take it like it is when it is said. I never questioned your integrity, pointed out the flaws from a buyers point of view,

[Quote Skull] Allegro you may have all the best intentions and be the most honest person in the world.........but honestly if you saw this add would you buy these parts unseen, as is, with no returns.[Unquote]

What a childish attatude, , and now why would anyone trust you when you have behaved the way you have with this thread :umm:. Can't see somone else's point of view when it differes from your own and now you have got the runs you are punishing the old fulla and your fellow members. This would have to be one of the biggest dummy spits :laugh:

Back