For Sale - 78-79 XS 650 motor running misc

rwingsfan

Xs 650 Dummy
Reaction score
I have according to the carbs a 78 or 79 motor. I bought this with a frame, exhaust and some misc stuff. I have heard it run and it sounded good, however beyond that, no guarantees. The rotor tests out at 5.3 ohm so that is a plus. Have both covers and a pretty nice exhaust for it. Cleaned up the BS 38's and all is well there except one side will need a new float as the existing one has a crack. I am in Des Moines Iowa. I was thinking maybe $250 for the lot? I'll post some pictures later.

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Last edited:
why do these thing always end up outside of a days drive to get. @ $3.20 per gallon also hurts. wish you were closer. rawxs

Got any idea how much it would cost to strap it to a small pallet and ship it to California?

DLD1

You know I really don't. I have never shipped a motor, but I figure it would not be cheap. If you can figure something out I can try and accomodate, but otherwise I will just keep it.

Unfortunately it appears it would cost me more to ship than you're asking price. Too bad, I'd love to have another engine so I could play with one while riding with the other.

DLD1

Back