For Sale - 81 XS650 hardtail - $3500.00/reasonable offer

skidro

SkidRo
Reaction score
All, I am selling my hardtail because I never ride it. I have three other bikes. Since completed last year I may have put a "peanut"tanks worth of gas riding. It is an 81 engine with a Pamco ignition with BS34s carbs fitted with pods. It has Gordon Scott curved drag pipes that follow the line of the bike. It has Harley front wheel mounted to the stock 650 front end. It also has a Harley rear wheel and rear disk with the matching brake cylinder. The axles have pointed ends on one side with the castle nuts on the other. The front and rear brakes are operated by the front brake master cylinder via stainless steel lines. It features a drag bar handlebar on custom made risers. The front controls are custom made also. The seat was hand made - the foam and leather parts - and it rides on a mono hardtail seat shock. Every part - brakes, 530 chain, sprockets, lights, wiring (custom made harness - very minimal), handle bars, risers, front controls, Spitfire tires, rear fender, etc. are new. It runs on a small cigarette sized "emergency light" battery nicely stashed away in a metal CD carrying box (I work in IT). Most of the electrical run through the frame and the rest is tucked away out of sight or in the battery box. It typically starts on the first or second kick and it runs strong. The carbs may needs some tuning due to the pipes and pods. I have jets and lots of other parts that go with this bike. This is a nice melding of an XS650 and Harley. It is a very bare bones bike- no tach/speedo, no turn signals, and no front fender. PM me for more pictures and details. Bike is located in the DC Metro area (Silver Spring) so I prefer local sales. All reasonable offers considered - do you have a Corvair? More pictures available. Thanks, SkidRo

Attachments

• Hardtail.jpg
    Hardtail.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 197