Trade - 83" Spoked wheels for Alloy rims

Wizard of Smiles

Retro Rookie Rider
Reaction score
I have a 1983' w/ the spoke wheels, I want to trade for alloy rims, I have the rear drum on the 83's so in a perfect world I could trade for the year w/ the drum rear.

Hey,

I have a friend who is very interested in this offer.
Please let me know as soon as you can if you are still down for this.

Thanks,

I have a 1983' w/ the spoke wheels, I want to trade for alloy rims, I have the rear drum on the 83's so in a perfect world I could trade for the year w/ the drum rear.

A perfect world is when you have both sets........
'81 is the only year IIRC that came out with the drum brake mag rear wheel. The front mag can be had through the xs750's, 850's and possibly 1100's....lots to choose from there but the holy grail is the '81 xs650 rear. The spokes look better though imho.

Yeah, I love some spokes even though I have mags. I am liking the drilled mags some people are doing. Probably buy spokes outright and have both sets.

I'll make the "trade" with someone , I do notice that the spoked wheels go for a lot more on e-bay then mags. I would be open to a trade and a little chash or something to make the deal more fair for both parties. I will need a rear tire soon on my wheel. fyi.

I have a 81 special with mag wheels. Front is disc, rear is drum. My tires are both good to go so I am not willing to give cash on top. If interested, pm me.

Hey Wizard,

My friend I think will be interested in a trade.. he will probably be willing to offer a bit of cash.

I'll send you a PM here shortly with some info.

Thanks,

Back