Anyone from Winston-Salem, NC? possibly relocating...

MUCHADO

uhhhh
Reaction score
Anyone from Winston Salem or can give me the scoop on this place?! Good place to relocate? I have a very good opportunity to advance my career if I temporarily relocate to WS for 2-3 years but I have never been. I'll have to visit before I make a decision, but hoping to find some locals or semi-locals on the board that can fill me in!

Thanks,

Rob

I live about 1/2 hour from Winston-Salem. It's not a bad place to live and there's lots of great places to ride nearby. It's just over an hour from the Blue Ridge Parkway (Mountains) and 3 hours from the beaches. The scenery and the weather are both a lot better than Kansas.

Of course, like any city in America, W-S has it's good and bad neighborhoods. Some of the southeast parts of the city tend to be the worst.

there is apparently a lot of old money in Winston....tobacco money I suppose. When Mercedes announced their "Maybach" supercar, Winston-salem was one of the 7 original dealership sites. The Maybach costs about $300,000.00 per copy. My cousin is the Maybach mechanic in Winston.

Yes, the Reynolds family, from RJ Reynolds (Winston, Salem, Camel, etc...) still maintains lots of influence and union tobacco workers are among the highest paid workers in the state.

i used to drive through winston-salem on my way home from Jacksonville, NC to michigan on leave. Its a neat city, always enjoyed driving through it.

Back