Anyone running VM34 Mikuni Carbies? XS2 (TX650)

TwinLewi

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey Gentz,
I am running the VM34 Mikuni Carbies on my 1973 TX650. The issue I am having is the route of the cable coming off the top of the the carbies. The 70 degree noodle hits the petcock and the only way to get the tank on is to twist the carbies inward setting my float levels a bit off, causing binding in the cable and pressure on the line ansd maybe even on the needle. I have dealt with it long enough and am sick of it. Anyone happen to know if the 45 degree will get me out of trouble or maybe the 90 degree noodle? I like the idea of a 90 but the cable still needs to go upward to the back bone and up to the bars. Thinking that might not flow nicely. I can post pictures tomorrow for help. I am already cleaned up for the night and it feels great. hahahahahah lol :) hahah thanks for the time and help as always,
lewi

(enjoy the knee's in the breeze)

It may help to shim up the back of the tank a bit. If that doesn't give you the clearance you need, look for more compact petcocks; even the manual petcocks on your TX650 are rather bulky, and there are quite a few more compact items available with 1/4" NPT spigots. You'd need to buy or make adapters and gaskets and open the tank outlet a bit to fit them.

It may help to shim up the back of the tank a bit. If that doesn't give you the clearance you need, look for more compact petcocks; even the manual petcocks on your TX650 are rather bulky, and there are quite a few more compact items available with 1/4" NPT spigots. You'd need to buy or make adapters and gaskets and open the tank outlet a bit to fit them.
Good bit of thought there. Thanks for that. Ya the tank can’t come up much more otherwise it misses the knuckle it locks on to the frame with. Different petcock would be alright. Not sure if I want to modify the tank however. Thanks so much for your time and ideas!!

Back