Suggestions on prep work before engine Rebuild

TwinLewi

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Lewi here with my 73 TX650! I hope all are well and healthy in our hard times. I am tossing out this thread to see what sorta tips, ideas and suggestions any of you pros's may have. I have done lot's to my Tx over the last several months and now I am going to go for a full Motor rebuild. Geoff Bamford in NSW Australia (Owner of Geoff's XS650 parts) is going to have me up for a visit to restore this 46 year old motor. I have done lot's as some of you know. (Full re wire of the electrical, fuse boxes, hidden start button, Pamco Ign. with a dual high output coil, new plugs and wires, PMA alternator, head lamp upgrade, Fork rebuild, shock replacement, carbies replacement the Mikuni VM34's, Chain tensors, grips, indicators exhaust clamps, Front brake caliper overhaul with new pads and hoses, rear brake switch and a few more bits and pieces. I am seeking help or looking for suggestions on what could be next. The motor is handled top to bottom but is there anything people would suggest to do while the motor is out or maybe before it comes out. Things that enhance the finalization of the rebuild. I am thinking to replace all rubbers and bushings maybe, things to do my self before I go up for the help from Geoff's XS. Thoughts and ideas always much appriciated. I haven't attended to my rear drum brake yet. Maybe rebuild my gauges. Where to get this info etc.....

As always thank you for your time and efforts,
lewi

Attachments

• IMG_E2529.JPG
    IMG_E2529.JPG
    502.4 KB · Views: 131
are you sure you don't want to do it all yourself? some of the things you want to do yourself would be easiest in the middle of the rebuild.

Back