Are there tubeless tires available for my 76 xs650?

pnedac

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if tubeless tires can be used for the 76 xs650? Do you know where I can get some? Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Pat

if you're asking if you can run tubeless tires on spoked rims the anwser is yes, if you put tubes in them. there is supposedly a way to seal the spoke nipple holes so you could run tubeless but those rims wouldn't have the bead locking feature that a true tubeless rim has to keep the tires beads on the rim if the tire goes down

As Jayel said yes if you put tubes in them.
I also want to add that the tire manufacturer doesn't know what wheels you have on your bike. The manufacturer not knowing this has to make a tire that can be used with or with out a tube. In a tubeless application you just mount the tire. In a tube application you use a tube.
Ok, we have that straight. Now most wheels with spokes need tubes. Most mag wheels do not need a tube. Some Yamaha mags use tubes some don't. Yamaha mags that can be run tubeless have the phrase "Suitable for Tubeless Tires" printed in the wheel. If the wheel doesn't have this printed on them then use tubes.
I tend to use a tube in any tire on any wheel.

Back