Barret-Jackson

pumps

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I have been invited to attend the 2011 Barret-Jackson car auction in Scottsdale , Arizona the week of January 17-23. My brother and sisters are sending me for my birthday present. Brother in Law is a car collector and goes every year. Sometimes buys or sells. They live out there so I'll have a nice place to stay. Lots of cool cars.I'll take lots of pictures to upload to my photobucket account. Plus last time I was out for a visit bro-in-law had a 72? Bonnie in his garage. Maybe I can steal it for a ride.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/

Last edited:
I have been a religous watcher of the Scottsdale Auction since I can remember. My father and I started out car nuts and are merging to bikes. We built a 56 Chevy and a 38 Ford Streetrod. Not too mention he had a pair of mid year 60's vettes when I grew up.

Congrats man. You will get to meet a lot of celebs!

The auctioneers of Barrett Jackson, Spanky Assiter, his brother, and Amy are from here in Amarillo. They have their own auction house here. Nice folks. I have talked to Amy at the local corner store several times before I even realized it was her....saw her on tv...and said to myself, "Self, I knew she looked familiar!" I have also visited with Spanky at some of the local car shows.
Kinda cool to see people ya are familiar with on such a big deal as Barrett Jackson!

I see Spanky and Amy often around town. She drives a black T-Bird convertible. A couple years ago, i had a bike in the 4th of july show, and placed second (first loser). got to have My picture made with My arm around Amy, and She looks a LOT better in a tube top, than She does in Her Boy-suit, she wears on the Auction.

There is a Collector Car shop in Amarillo that buys, sells and trades collector cars. the owner, who is not affiliated with Barrett Jackson once told me, "Men are such idiots....put them on TV, put a drink in their hand, and a pretty Girl on their lap, and they will pay twice what any car is worth". She also told me, she hates the Auction (Barrett-Jackson). "every time that Auction comes on TV, every idiot in town with a rusty 63 impala come in and thinks it is worth $20,000".

Ordinarily I'd have to say I'm a Ford man, but those old round headlight Corvettes are just about the coolest cars of all time.

Back