Best book for rebuilding engine?

I like to have 2, the factory manual and one of the aftermarket ones. The factory manual has better and more complete spec listings while the aftermarket versions usually explain the procedures in somewhat simpler terms. The factory manual is written for the motorcycle mechanic and assumes you know the basics for the job you're doing. It can be a little light in the "how to" department.

Well, the choises for manuals is very slim. The factory, Haynes, Clymer and I've heard that Chiltons prints one. I like the factory manuals.
I have them from 74-80. I'm looking at getting manuals for the 70-73 and 81 and up. I also have the Clymer. I'm thinking I might get the Haynes, that way when some one says "My Haynes book says..." I can look in the Haynes book and see what they are talking about.
I also have a cd with manuals and parts books and a bunch of other stuff I can put in the computer and read.
Having a book in your hands just feels right.

I don't know how to make a copy. There are several on Ebay most of the time. They sell for $5 or $6.
I might be able to figure out how to make a copy, but it would probably be faster to buy one. I'm kinda slow on this computer stuff. I still type with one finger.

Back