Bike runs great, then 1 cylinder dies, then great again? SOLVED

Chinese PMA and regulator......................its not surprising that the regulator destroyed itself. Any warranty or just write off the money?
What regulator are you now using?

Good luck with sorting out your main problem.

Chinese PMA and regulator......................its not surprising that the regulator destroyed itself. Any warranty or just write off the money?
What regulator are you now using?

Good luck with sorting out your main problem.
Hi retiredgentleman, I spoke with you about this some time ago. I ended up getting a Shindengen FH020AA, made in Japan. The original thread on this is good because it exposes the differences between the real ones and the ebay clones. Mine has been working awesome, I also have a digital led volt meter next to my speedo that gives me a constant readout.
here is that thread. And I did get a full refund on the one that fried.
Thanks.

Update-
I have replaced my fuel delivery system as to make absolutely sure there is not a fuel delivery issue. I have 5/16 diameter all the way from the fuel valve to the carbs. Fuel Valve (petcock) is a Pingel hi-flow. This runs into a Pingel hi-flow filter, a 1into 2, and onto the carbs.
pingel_hi_flow_by_5bodyblade-dbhemv8.jpg

Update - Solved
The carb barb rubber cap was messed up on the right carb only. When the bike would get hot it would really start to seep air. It wasn't something obvious upon visual inspection. The air cap I use on the left carb is homemade, a piece of hose with a plug in it. The ones that come with the carbs do not seem to be durable (My left one just disappeared one day while driving)
I should have checked this right away, but the way these carbs are mounted, the barb on the left carb faces to the outside of the bike, and is really obvious. The barb on the right carb faces to the inside, so when you are looking at it you don't see it. It is kind of "out of sight, out of mind"

Fantastic glad you found it ! .... don't those Obvious things get ya ! I mean it's like DUH ! why didn't I see that a week ago !!!!
hehehehe been there done that one many times !
we all do it..... it can't be helped , we're human after all...... well most of us ! LOL
Bob...........

Hi system9,
"replace stuff & fix at random" eh? we've all done it.
Me? 5 days looking for a non-existent ignition fault then an hour cleaning a carb.
Yeah, the aftermarket barb caps don't seem to last very long and the ol' plugged fuel hose trick is a good fix.
Mind you, the factory barb cap my Heritage Special left the factory with still works just fine.
BTW when a computer translates "out of sight, out of mind" into Russian it comes out as "invisible idiot"

When you are not using the vacuum barbs for anything else, hook them together with a length of hose. it slightly improves balnce between cylinders, it won't fix a big problem but ads a bit after the bikes tuned right.
Leo

Listen to XSLeo ! a darn good idea even if the tube is small every little bit helps !
......besides if a long hose comes off your going to see that ...right ???? LOL!
Bob......

BTW when a computer translates "out of sight, out of mind" into Russian it comes out as "invisible idiot"
I think I will have my gas tank painted "Invisble Idiot", I deserve that.
XSLeo, I was actually thinking of using a single hose and connecting both barbs together last night, good to know this thought isn't too weird ;)

I think I will have my gas tank painted "Invisble Idiot", I deserve that. - - -

Hi system9
nah, not picking at you. If that's the dumbest thing you've ever done you are a genius compared to some guys I've known.
My own dumbfuck award goes to the person who "fixed" the broken cable in his Honda twin cable throttle by converting it to work
with the remaining cable and saw no problem in having to roll the twistgrip forward instead of back to open the throttle.
Let me suggest that if you want to put "invisible idiot" on your gas tank use the Russian words and Cyrillic script.

Back